Newbury Sort Out

Richy B

So what "fine collectables" did we get today then ? I got a dog cage for £20 8-) I felt it was sure busy enough , probally helped by the afternoon sun ? But they GOTTA do something about the que to get in !! I think get a team of runners giving out the registration forms out as you start to que, then by the time your at the front hand over the form and ya cash - Bosh ya in :0) happy enough for sure though

I printed off and filled in my form before we got there we were there for 7am and went straight in, sold over £500 worth of stuff so a very good day and nice weather to boot. Although one downside or plus dependent on if you are my Mrs I didn't get time to look at much and didn't spend anything..

Jason.

Got myself steering column and shaft for The for £20, and got the front hoop for an 88 full canvas for £20 - one guy would only sell me a LWB full set for £150, or a SWB set for £170....yup, I have typed that the right way round.....Only need the front hoop for my TC Canvas!

Jon white and I went along with my new "Ebay 80 KGs" Trolley

Bought loads, more than many previous years, inc 2 x diffs within the 1st 10 mins, decided to take back to the car, the new ebay 80 KGs

trolley decided to end its life and snap in two at the main gate much to the amusement of JW and all the peeps coming in and out :(

Moved car to as close to entrance as I could, threw trolley in boot in disgust and 2 x diffs :) and went back in.....

Saw BIG STEEL troley, and bought for £17 - RESULT :D

Loaded up new steel trolley with 3 x further diffs and far end of event, decided to trundle them back to car - near

entrance there was a load "PINGGGY" and one wheel fell off :( FFS .....

Jon W near wet himself, and stood guard on the RTA mess whilst I persuaded a nice man selling bolts and nuts in packets of 100 who had

seen it and was smirking "That could I F possibly have F 3 F bolts and F Nuts F please <r :( "

He did and we spent the rest of the day using it and finger tightening bolts to keep the wheel on

The haul was

7 Difs, various all cheap (like me :P)

7 V8 Dizzys, all cheap

ASome other tutt

TD5 fuse box cover for Steve

Jon bought grill, polishing mops and kit and PAS Pump and bits

Car was "Full" on way home, and whiff of EP90 as it warmed through :D

Damned good day, and best entertainment JW has had for a while :rofl:

:)

Nige

Got a few bits and pieces, arms nearly fell off by the 3rd trip back to the car, face a bit more colourful than usual due to the torrential sunshine :-)

But.... who had a good nose round the early military looking 'thing' with the lurid green canvas back? Series 2 front end, Series 1 bulkhead, then it got a bit wider, no doors - just a half height jump over thingy, nice big load area then a FC looking back panel with not much overhang. Stupdly I didn't take a pic, but an elderly bloke who I asked mumbled something about a 1954 prototype that was dumped because the army bought Austin Champs instead.

Jon white and I went along with my new "Ebay 80 KGs" Trolley

Bought loads, more than many previous years, inc 2 x diffs within the 1st 10 mins, decided to take back to the car, the new ebay 80 KGs

trolley decided to end its life and snap in two at the main gate much to the amusement of JW and all the peeps coming in and out :(

Moved car to as close to entrance as I could, threw trolley in boot in disgust and 2 x diffs :) and went back in.....

Saw BIG STEEL troley, and bought for £17 - RESULT :D

Loaded up new steel trolley with 3 x further diffs and far end of event, decided to trundle them back to car - near

entrance there was a load "PINGGGY" and one wheel fell off :( FFS .....

Jon W near wet himself, and stood guard on the RTA mess whilst I persuaded a nice man selling bolts and nuts in packets of 100 who had

seen it and was smirking "That could I F possibly have F 3 F bolts and F Nuts F please <r :( "

He did and we spent the rest of the day using it and finger tightening bolts to keep the wheel on

The haul was

7 Difs, various all cheap (like me :P)

7 V8 Dizzys, all cheap

ASome other tutt

TD5 fuse box cover for Steve

Jon bought grill, polishing mops and kit and PAS Pump and bits

Car was "Full" on way home, and whiff of EP90 as it warmed through :D

Damned good day, and best entertainment JW has had for a while :rofl:

:)

Nige

You should have done what the enterprising Belgium couple did who were parked next to us, they turned up at 07:00 put their one fruit box of scrap bits in front of their 90 and whilst the chap went for a wonder his Mrs had a kip in the truck. She was most perturbed when she was woken by people wanting to buy her stuff and don't think she spoke a lot of English as her answer to everything was "two pounds" !! They must have taken £10 so given that there were two of them paying a £20 entry fee it cost them £8 extra to park inside and start to look around from 07:30 which they made back anyway.

The chap loaded up his 90 to the gunnel's and was gone by 14:00 not a bad idea really.

Jason.

That's exactly the discussion I had yesterday... we sold half of our "big stuff" before the gates even opened. Next time, if you're a serious buyer, it would pay to enter as a seller with next to nothing, and then buy buy buy.

That's exactly the discussion I had yesterday... we sold half of our "big stuff" before the gates even opened. Next time, if you're a serious buyer, it would pay to enter as a seller with next to nothing, and then buy buy buy.

Serious buyer yes - but I buy plopplops :D

Will post trolley wreckage later :D

Nige

Re-he-he-eally? That's useful to know...didn't go this time due to not actually needing anything at the moment...but I will be there next time, with a some used Defender headlinings for sale...and bag some bargains...

I was told there used to be a "meet up" at the Newbury (perhaps it was Sodbury?) sort out? Sounds a bit odd, but meeting at the toilets at 1pm. Perhaps this should be reinstated for the next event, but I'd rather it wasn't at the toilets! :)

Got a few bits and pieces, arms nearly fell off by the 3rd trip back to the car, face a bit more colourful than usual due to the torrential sunshine :-)

But.... who had a good nose round the early military looking 'thing' with the lurid green canvas back? Series 2 front end, Series 1 bulkhead, then it got a bit wider, no doors - just a half height jump over thingy, nice big load area then a FC looking back panel with not much overhang. Stupdly I didn't take a pic, but an elderly bloke who I asked mumbled something about a 1954 prototype that was dumped because the army bought Austin Champs instead.

It was an APGP, Built to float. They had pontoons attatched to either side. Bit rare, and that one seemed quite original.