Crikey he's coped it

reads90

Yes granted, but what was he supposed to do, sit on the beach, we all take risks, some planned some un-planned, life would be pretty boring if we did`nt do anything on the spur of the momment.

Almost every one on this forum does things on the spur of the momment, lifes to short to plan everything to the last degree.

Take it as it comes.

BTW there are only 3 recorded deaths in Australia by sting rays, so by all means it was meant to be a pretty safe outing.

Some time plop happens, and this is one of these occasions.

Agreed, point is Play safe.. especialy near any winching as that too can have a sting at the very least keep a safe distance....

And dont put others in Danger (picture show baby under arm)

edit; I understand loss and hope his family come through this ok

All I can say is that you lot are a bunch of no hopers who wouldnt know a great character and personality if you fell over him. It's a sad loss and I (and millions of others) will miss him dearly.

Log

Doesn't the internet link people quickly?

And text messaging....

3 I got tonight.....

1 - When asked about his favorite childhood programs Steve Irwin replied "Thunderbirds was great but there will always be a place in my heart for Stingray.........

2 - R.I.P. Steve Irwin should have worn sun tan lotion to block the harmful rays.......

3 - For Sale....... Crocodile boots and a set of wildlife encyclopaedias One un-careful owner $150. Contact Mrs Irwin on Birsbane 0845 6835

:ph34r:

I will get my coat and exit very swiftly......

And text messaging....

3 I got tonight.....

1 - When asked about his favorite childhood programs Steve Irwin replied "Thunderbirds was great but there will always be a place in my heart for Stingray.........

2 - R.I.P. Steve Irwin should have worn sun tan lotion to block the harmful rays.......

3 - For Sale....... Crocodile boots and a set of wildlife encyclopaedias One un-careful owner $150. Contact Mrs Irwin on Birsbane 0845 6835

:ph34r:

I will get my coat and exit very swiftly......

yep. and run! :D

not fear the creatures he dealt with.

Sad indeed, but that was his problem - No fear! All well and good for a showman, but if cavemen didn't exhibit a healthy amount of fear, and faced up to every T-Rex they came across, we wouldn't be here now! :o

Sad indeed, but that was his problem - No fear! All well and good for a showman, but if cavemen didn't exhibit a healthy amount of fear, and faced up to every T-Rex they came across, we wouldn't be here now! :o

Yeah spot on

I found myself coming close to losing the will to live when I heard "telegram sam" all those years ago :P

Nige

Very sad and depressing news. As irritating as he was, he was a fantastic guy that inspired many people to want to learn and not fear the creatures he dealt with.

R.I.P and condolences to his family, wife Terri and two kids

Oh come on, he was a top bloke! You may not like or agree with his hands-on stick-poking approach to widlife "documentaries" but you cannot deny it was not interseting, exciting and fun to watch,. even in a remotely kind of macabre way. FFS how many of you watch Big Brother whcih is no more than spying on some brain dead weirdos sitting in a house all day hoping to catch a glimpse of boobies.

Shame this has happened; it is porbably fair to say that although his "stunts" look dangerous, but to a trained(?)/experineced person like him were run of the mill; no idea what he was doing in the sea though, sinking by the sound of it.

pic_steve_irwin.jpg

as someone somehwere else better put it:

Rubbish. He was definitely no idiot. He took calculated risks but he knew exactly what those risks were. This was a freak accident.

He had an amazing zest for life and was truly passionate about wildlife. He will be sadly missed by millions. RIP

Well I like wildlife programs, and make a point of watching them if I can. Steve Irwin was the only person related to this subject that I made a point of trying to avoid. In my book he was a sensationalist idiot that was waiting to get seriously injured or killed. He came close a couple of times, and you would have thought he would have learned, but Crickey, he got killed!! One up for mother nature.

Les. :)

After seeing this bloke and his over the top antics once or twice I never bothered watching him again. I like wildlife presentations but prefer the wildlife itself to be the centre of attention not some overbearing bloke with a permanently overwound mainspring.

I don't watch Big Brother either :rolleyes:

:lol:

Good Grief.

He was one of those blokes that when he came on the telly I reached for the remote to switch it to anything, loud brash sensational and annoying, just like big brother which equally I have never watched have no interest in doing and never will.

Wild Animals + Pratt + Stick x 10000 pokes and prods = Ouch...... B*gger ....'Clunk'

Its no big deal really in the full picture of things ?

Nige

It's all getting a bit 'Princess Di' if you ask me...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/5316452.stm

Which now no doubt you won't....

You want to trying living in Aus at the moment. can't do anything with out hearing or seeing about it. Had threes days of it now and starting to get pi**ed off with it. Mind you as i live in Queensland, (about half an hour from his zoo) and he as seen as a really big thing in Queensland, I think we may get a day off soon for his Funeral. Which would be sweet :)