x-lites in bumper, does it look ok?

i've thought about doing something similar on mine s3, but never found the right lights to do it with. i think it looks, but needs tidying up a bit

i completely agree!! it was a quick butcher with the angle grinder on a patched up bumper to give me a rough idea of what it would look like.. if im doing the proper i will be using a bi metal hole saw. :)

do the X-lites have a protective clear cover on the front, otherwise the bulbs won't last very long.

They seem to be lasting quite well with me, it helps that they're recessed in the housing. One bulb may have cracked glass though, not sure, but it still works fine (and that's many years they've been mounted there now).

I've been thinking about this for a while, and I have to ask, is it worth buying the X-lite body, when the same bulb (£1) and any old bit of tube will do? You don't need the X-lite's strength and mounting options if it's all inside the bumper.

I'm not knocking the X-lites, I hold them in high regard, it just seems overkill to spend that much when the bumper is all the protection you'd need.

Whatever, for driving/fog/flood lights, this seems an ideal solution, whether home-made, or X-lites, and looks subtle and tidy. I'm not that keen on gurt lamps cluttering up my frontage.