AWDC Challenge North West round 3 Llanfylin

Boothy

Well here we are on the countdown to what is now Round 3 to be staged on October 7th 2012

This is to be held on the awesome Green Hall Farm at Llanfylin

Llanfylin is roughly between Wrexham and Oswestry and is an huge site.

Usual rules apply, free camping, toilets and no butty van (slow's us down), and the usual £60 entry free.

Paypal is available via the AWDC website. Please DO fill an online entry out for those of you who have not pre-entered. This will give me a better idea who is coming and will help me to fill an entry list out.

Double punch cards (we love 'em) and 2 special stages, and more NO blindfold stunts guaranteed.

Maximum of 30 entrants and already loads of interest so do get your enteries in early.

Will will be using the adopted special handicap scoring system which has proved a huge success and evened out the playing really well.

Scrutineering will be available on the Saturday and from 08.00 - 09.00hrs on the day, drivers briefing at 09.30 hrs and competition will start at 10.00hrs.

Rules and regs are available on the AWDC website follow the Challenge North West link.

We have no restrictions on tyre size, hydrosteer, rear steer, portals etc just a points handicap system.

Please note this is a working livestock farm and all animals must be kept on a lead and under control.

Please arrange and take all litter and broken vehicles home after the event, and make sure sure you enjoy yourselves. A postcode will be posted shortly on here and the Facebook Challenge North West pages.

See you there for another fine event.

Marshalls welcome as always.

Chris

Saley and I have just got home after a recce and a refresher of the place and it's all go.

The farmer has sorted out a good firm field for camping and parking and is not concerned about the weather or us getting dirty.

So for the benefit of the person (John) who rang me yesterday, it's next Weekend 7 October 2012

The final round at Coyney Green will be (as it always has been) Sunday 4th November 2012

Thanks guys, please let me know who's coming.......

Chris

OK just got back from CSW's De-Cider and still un-packing! But can't wait for next week end. Again any one wanting to come along to help Marshall will be more than welcome. Life saver badge not essential LOL. Barry the army cant spare any ARV recovery vehicles so hope you've got it working proper. See you all some time Sat am.

Well we enjoyed the little bit we was involved in, had and early bath again, front diff this time but what a nice place to sit in a field taking out the front half shafts.

Thanks to everyone who set up on such a large spreading site and special thanks to Saley for organising the sunshine.

Yep Bob, same front diff as mine probably.

Forgot how tasty that site can be so was very glad no major incidents this time.

Thanks to the competitors that could be bothered to turn up, probably a mistake on our part for trying to squeeze the re scheduled round in on the weekend that following the de-cider.

So great site, great competition, thank you all for coming, marshalling, scrutineering, clerk of the coursing, chief marshalling, registrar ing, signing on'ing, photographing, and everything ing.

See you all in four weeks and don't forget to get your entries in quickly.

Cheers

Oops forgot to post the scores - sorry

Great event

Results

1st Nick Bird & Dafydd Belton 3456pts

2nd Rachel Welbourne & Alan Webb 3342pts

3rd Andrew Woodhouse & Mark Whetton 3059pts

Special Stage Prize Anthony Bagnall & Steve Jones

Well Done to everyone for staying the right way up and not harrassing the sheep too much......

See you all on 4th November at the next round at Coney Green

Sue (Mrs Badger)

I've tried to upload the score but its telling me the file is too large - 16kb???? anyway the full scores are available on the facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/groups/274347895965926/