Sam's 3.5 Disco MEGASQUIRT START/FINISH INSTALL THREAD! :)

Mr Noisy

As long as you use sensor-safe silicone you could beef up the sealing on the valley gasket a bit, smear some about the place where water might try to get in etc.

Yes this is of course an option, im confident the manifold is ok its just the end seals i worry about!

Anyway, as usual this task has been shelved for the moment becuase my gearbox is now buggered.

Must be all the extra power :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
More pics!

Here's the alternator warning light wire, usually brown/yellow:

96DFA4F7-11CA-4D04-BBEC-D671EC265A71-139

Choose a nice straight section to fit the diode, with the grey band TOWARDS THE ALTERNATOR:

F49F86EF-AB06-4C16-9FA3-87CAF7391758-139

63DE9C83-FEFD-4582-AAE4-911F06C90A86-139

Add some heatshrink:

B276BCBE-21DC-4EDC-B297-206F637FBE5F-139

Then heatshrink over the whole thing and pop back in the loom.

Job done :)

Hi Sam, can you explain me , what is it ? because now my engine don't stop when i turn off the key, , what is the solution, the diode on the alternator ??

thanks

Hi Sam, can you explain me , what is it ? because now my engine don't stop when i turn off the key, , what is the solution, the diode on the alternator ??

thanks

As far as I know, the diode just needs fitting to the wire as per SAMs pictures, that will cure the not stopping problem.

ok thanks , but mine is modified i have one big positive to starter,

and one "black" on exiting , this is this one ?? i think

Probably best showing a picture of what you have, but if there's only two wires to your alternator, a big one and a small one then it should be the small one

If i may be so bold.... Maybe if Sam is finished with tuning etc, this thread should be trimmed and locked as was suggested a while back. Its way too good a thread to be filled with off-topic stuff. Just an idea for the mods as every time i see a new post i think something useful tuning-wise has been added, only to find it hasnt....