Land Rover Defender is top target for car thieves.

Landy-Novice

maybe the courts should give longer harsher sentences to those who nick vehicles or chop their theiving hands off.

Neither likely with this goventment doing its best to keep everyone but the worst out of prison. "Community sentences you know it makes sense"

I have to say, it's not really 'news'. Defenders being high targets for theft of and from is something we all know about by now I'd have thought.

One of the links below is worth a read though. :P

Link.

not really news, but confirms it really.. :(

and ROFLMFAO!! best news story in ages! :hysterical: if i had to go, thats the way i would choose. :lol::P

Not shocking at all - you can open 'em with a pointy stick and drive 'em away, and they're about the best thing around to break for parts as they're easy to dismantle, most parts fit most vehicles, there's strong demand, and LR owners are tight as a***holes.

Let's face it, very little else still on the road is as good a business proposition for a tea leaf.

X-Eng range of bits are very hard to beat :)

That wasn't really what I was meaning. I'm as fond of my Defender as I suspect anyone here and loosing it would make me pretty unhappy. It wasn't meant as a plug for product - the only people who can change the current situation is ourselves. No matter what you make, buy or fit, no matter who makes it, it helps!

Si

That wasn't really what I was meaning. I'm as fond of my Defender as I suspect anyone here and loosing it would make me pretty unhappy. It wasn't meant as a plug for product - the only people who can change the current situation is ourselves. No matter what you make, buy or fit, no matter who makes it, it helps!

Si

Si, I certainly wasn't hinting at thinking you were making a plug. I genuinely think your products are superb. Just wish my pulling-finger-out-to-fit was equally as good!

Although not a plug Si, when will the fuel locks be back in stock? Your webby says still out of stock :(

Really want to get one for my 200Tdi Disco as a means of protection, I am also in discussions with my boss as to where my designated carparking space will be so I can install some of the pull up locking bollards to block it too, besides will be a good reminder to pull out the 220V from the Kenlowe hot start too :ph34r:

sorry gone :offtopic: