Lt230 ratios - what uses what?

We've just changed the transfer box in a 90. Foolishly we didn't check the ratio first as we were told with certainty that it was a 1.6 from a 2.5 mil spec 110.

Once fitted the grearing seems really tall. So we checked the serial number and found a list on Ashcrofts website. It's a 14D which means its a 1.003 according this list:

http://www.ashcroft-transmissions.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=45

Anyone know what a 1.003 was used in stock? Also Ashcroft seems to list a lot of ratios above and beyond the regular 1.2 and 1.4. Out of curiosity what vehicles used all those other ratios?

Thanks.

Interesting site. I have a cast extension to the Xfer box, quite a rarity as our local foundry put up their prices long ago which killed the demand. I sent one to Silvio in Italy for his TD5 and there were rumours they were going to make them there. An addition well worth having especially in a hot climate.

Just a point of interest - the high-revving BMW 2.8 that was made here had the 1.67:1 box. This was long after they had stopped making them. I think it was last used in the 2.5 n/a diesel.

Interesting site. I have a cast extension to the Xfer box, quite a rarity as our local foundry put up their prices long ago which killed the demand. I sent one to Silvio in Italy for his TD5 and there were rumours they were going to make them there. An addition well worth having especially in a hot climate.

Just a point of interest - the high-revving BMW 2.8 that was made here had the 1.67:1 box. This was long after they had stopped making them. I think it was last used in the 2.5 n/a diesel.

Jim Could you put up a picture of the cast extension please?

John