scorpy challenge fun and games...

pigster

now how fun was that... that has got to be one of most challenging events I have done... I was absolutely shattered by the end of that.. but it was worth it, , because we WON... (well joint first actually)

Dam good event, well organised - its great to have more marshalls helping out, by far the best for friendly/helpful people as well...

I don't have any pics of it, because I was too busy arguing and/or running about. so if anyone does have a few can you post them up please. I have spotted the pics on difflock, (looks like I am going bald on top :( )

Les/Tango(Nick) - you wouldn't of liked the site (way too hilly) :)

ps- - any one else get stuck in that accident on the M6 ( ruddy 5 hours) it took me 11 hours to get home... although I was pretty much at the front of it all so couldn't make any detours.

Hi Pigster!

Well done on your win! See, all that bickering comes in useful...

Me, Andy and Steve all got stuck on the M6. 12 hours, I got home at 7 this morning. I was/am a zombie and can't get back to sleep. Bloody sunlight and bloody birds, who do they think they are? :angry:

Got a few pics, quite a few of you.... :rolleyes: Will sort them later once I'm awake.

Oh, and that's the last time I drive the jimny to an event.

cheers boys.

Difflock forum has a few good pics on there... I was totally exhausted/shot to bits after the running about but the car journey was just silly. only managed the 5am myself... which gave me 3 hours keep before I had to be at work.. (so glad I didn't use the 90 pickup - I would still be driving otherwise :) )

Adrian actually got out of the car - more than once as well.. I had to sit down as I was in total shock :)

Thats really bad luck to get stuck in traffic for so long, we were home by 10pm, I cant beleve you still went to work! We had a great day too in our little Rhino, It was the most difficult tarrain i have ever driven. We only broke a door catch when we had a little roll getting to punch 4! If anyone has any pics of us can you post them up :D

now how fun was that... that has got to be one of most challenging events I have done... I was absolutely shattered by the end of that.. but it was worth it, , because we WON... (well joint first actually)

:o:o:o Well done lads!!!! The new truck is performing well then. There must have been one hell of an amount of heated discussion going on between you two to produce a performance like that.

Well done to all involved, some great driving on some really difficult terrain :D

Special thanks to NCGL for superb marshalling and assistance through the weekend :)

A great result from regular forumeers as a bonus :rolleyes:

Results are now posted

HERE

Roll on Round 7 at Kirton

I'm assuming 40 punches, so that's 3 teams got all punches and 3 of those also scored full points on the SS's too. You must be getting too soft with the laying out Neil :P

Well done to Rob too for joint 1st place.

And with Sales in 4th it's a good showing for the forum.

Without Nick (and me) lowering the batting average :rolleyes:

the cards we were given went up to 52 this time - -however we didn't find them all. I think thats what made it a better challenge - -finding the buggers without the use of a map. However I wouldn't suggest doing that for places like slab - because you wouldn't have a chance.

but still good stuff.. .

and Chris- - I wish I hadn't gone to work ... :(

I'm assuming 40 punches, so that's 3 teams got all punches and 3 of those also scored full points on the SS's too. You must be getting too soft with the laying out Neil :P

Well done to Rob too for joint 1st place.

And with Sales in 4th it's a good showing for the forum.

Without Nick (and me) lowering the batting average :rolleyes:

Both site & event excellent. Best one so far, had a fantastic weekend :D

Thanks to the drivers for the entertainment, David Herrington strapped in on his side in the 90 Big Big rocks all around Diesel raining out on a hill from hell!!! and as cool as a cucumber grinning away winches himself upright "right then fill up and out we go again"

A big thanks to all the marshals that turned up to help us set out, fix and collect punches etc.

Then the ride home from hell via the m6 never ever again. We got in about 6am ish i think, beyond caring by then :blink: got to the m40 junction with m25 then all of a sudden no lights, nooooo!!! the switch packed up so parked up for around 30mins till it got light then carried on home. So glad i had booked monday off :D

Well done to Dave and Rob :)

Well i had a great weekend :) it all started when the hired 4x4 tow motor lost turbo pressure half way up the M40 :angry: ... so had to carry on at 60mph flat out in 4th :o ....as for the trip home (running on redbull) got in at 6.07 :lol: Got to bed :rolleyes: ....8am the phone start's ringing :angry: ....

I'm now typing in my sleep :D

well it took 12 event's to finally come in at the top....well chuffed :) (was that the right £ amount Neil ;) )

thank's and well done to Neil and all that help :o, great to see so many marshall's :) a great weekend/great site...next month more rock's :(

We would have won outright but the Pigster died on his feet ;) top running mate :lol: but next time further up the hill :lol:... i had to get out this time :o and i don't want to do it again ;) And i'm getting feed up with testing the water depth from my seat :o

The new motor's running well and the Ashcroft Cv's.... well they took a right hammering....no problem's :)

Tomorrow wash off and load up for the 24th, see you all there.

We got home at 5am after sitting on the M6 too :( (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5333332.stm). We made a cup of tea, wandered down the hard shoulder, chatted to Adrian for an hour, then blew up the bed again and had a kip for an hour or so :) Then after all that we had a blowout on the trailer at 2am - we wondered if we'd ever get home! Shame, carp end to a great weekend.

Kev

Edited by GBMUD to make link clicky.

first time I have looked on your site and dam, there be a lot.... (of Adrian) :D

That's because he ain't got a wide angle lens to fit you in.... :P

Kev,

Welcome to the forum :) , I hear you was calling Adrian....Les.... :lol: , I'm not as grey, but with less hair :D

Yep, we just think we've got someone's name right, then we realise it's not the right person at all; it's only been 18 months!!!! :)

Welcome Kev&Sue,

It's only because Les talk's as much as i do :lol: But i'm better looking ;)

Stuck in traffic, banging on the window in the dark :o you nearly gave me a Paul W :( get well soon mate :)