Radio

Guy110

The radio part of my radio/CD player doesn't work very well. The reception is extremely poor. The aerial is one of those short rubber things fixed to the wing.

What options are there to improve reception. Longer aerial? Placed higher up ie roof?

Thanks,

Guy

Got one of those rubber aerials on the roof of my 110 for the normal radio, works well up there, have you earthed it correctly to the body, the underside of the panel should be cleaned back to bare metal so the teeth of the clamp part get a good grip/earth.

Guest diesel_jim

I got so fed up with the cr@p reception on my 110, even with the factory telescopic jobbie, i got hold of a "moden" car aerial, off a Peugot i think, and fitted it to the roof.

took the interior light out (by the rear view mirror) and drilled through the roof (in the middle, after measureing about 8 times.... to be sure! :blink: )

reception is now ace! should i need to refit my roofrack, i left the telescopic one in place (pushed down) and the cable in, so i just unscrew the stereo, and swap the coax plugs over.

short rubber things fixed to the wing.

Don't use Moglite in his gimp suit as a aerial.

The zip on the face mask is too small metal wise, and even if you get reception the constant squeaking of the latex on birmabright will drive you mad :huh:

Just take the std steel extended aerial (his whip) off him and just use that :ph34r:

Nige

MR W the last one was physically ripped from the roof and yellow paint added to the 90 roof as I scraped under a barrier at Gt Yarmouth

the exit barrier was 4" lower then the entrance one!

so nothing would have survived

Thanks any way

spelling again :rolleyes:

Bluddy Cheek! Ralph

Edited by white90

Even on the new TD5s you get interference because of bad wiring. If i have anything in the 12v fag socket, reception is awful. If after fittting a new aerial you get poor reception, or you hear engine revs over the radio, then rewire the radio with its own specific power and earth direct to the babttery. I did this, and got much improved performance.