How heavy is a 200 Tdi engine

JeffR

don't ya just love second hand vehicles........I'm itching to use my new toy! Just had a hell of a shock tho, need 2 half moon seals for rocker cover, cost about £1 each from most places, postage is best part of £5 from most places!

Will convince Mr Lovejoy to exercise his wallet for me! I sometimes despair at postage costs, a bloody engine crane weighing in at something like 80KGs cost £9.99 to deliver, yet 2 bits of rubber weighing a gram costs £5! Mind you I wasn't even aware that the half moons existed, but it may well explain the oil leak from the back of the head/rocker cover. Guess I'll know more when I get the engine out tomorrow.

long good thickish rope or chain down each side so it sits around the flywheel housing then form a loop for hook at the top.

200tdi rear bracket here with photo

http://www.brit-car.co.uk/product.php/85794/0/engine_lifting_bracket_rear_2_300tdi

or I would be happy to remove mine & send you a fullsize diagram, so you can make one.

Sorry Western didn't read all your post, kids brought in yet another orphan bunny for me to raise and it's needed feeded (bad tempered little thing) , life...

If you could trace the shape it would be very useful, also what size set screws hold it in place?

I've also come accross no rear lifting eye on 200Tdis. As has been suggested, use the lashing eye.

Whatever you do, be safe - not worth risking quite serious injury (I know two people who have permanent leg damage after lifting accidents) for your hobby! I purchased a rated soft strop from machine mart for less than a tenner, for instance.

Sorry Western didn't read all your post, kids brought in yet another orphan bunny for me to raise and it's needed feeded (bad tempered little thing) , life...

If you could trace the shape it would be very useful, also what size set screws hold it in place?

I'll do this a bit later. foggy & raining now,

fixings are Screw, M8 x 25 -- FS108251L

cheers western! My local land rover parts chappy just made my day - asked him if he could pop a couple of half moons in the post (they don't do mail order) and he said yup, no prob, I asked how much and he told me go forth and multiply - printing the invoice would have cost more!

Well it's absolutely urinating down up here in the far reaches of Northumberland, so got nowt done today other than removing the viscous fan!

your welcome, I've just bolted the bracket back in place, less than 15mins.

correction on the bolts, the parts book shows 2 identical bolts, for some unknown reason my engine has different bolt head though both are m8 x 25mm one is a flanged hex head & other is a standard hex head.