2wd conversion install check - thanks!

Hey there - finishing up my 1991 D110 build up (36" Iroks, headlocks, 4.2 V8 with goodies, Rovota front, S60 rear, Fox remotes, eco-cage, M8274-50, etc…building it as a support vehicle for my challenge truck)…

So installed the 2wd conversion today and wanted to get opinions before I go ahead and button the LT230 up…is this the right way to having the 2wd for REAR wheel drive and then once in diff lock sending to both front and rear?

Thanks!

post-593-0-35725500-1388170907_thumb.jpg

post-593-0-35452600-1388170920_thumb.jpg

Hey there - finishing up my 1991 D110 build up (36" Iroks, headlocks, 4.2 V8 with goodies, Rovota front, S60 rear, Fox remotes, eco-cage, M8274-50, etc…building it as a support vehicle for my challenge truck)…

So installed the 2wd conversion today and wanted to get opinions before I go ahead and button the LT230 up…is this the right way to having the 2wd for REAR wheel drive and then once in diff lock sending to both front and rear?

Thanks!

That's the correct way around,

Any more pics of the 110?

http://www.ashcroft-transmissions.co.uk/miscellaneous/part-time-4wd-kits.html

The first 2.25 engined 110's had this selectable 2wd setup i believe.

I wonder if Ralph could find the part number for just the center diff gear on it's own, i begrudge buying the kit from ashcroft as i only ever use the gear, no one seems to ever want to buy just the freewheeling hubs either!

I wonder if Ralph could find the part number for just the center diff gear on it's own, i begrudge buying the kit from ashcroft as i only ever use the gear, no one seems to ever want to buy just the freewheeling hubs either!

I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist on its own - although it seems to me you could weld up the spider to the rear output, either remove & sleeve or grind the teeth off the front output gear, and call it done for £0.

http://www.ashcroft-transmissions.co.uk/miscellaneous/part-time-4wd-kits.html

The first 2.25 engined 110's had this selectable 2wd setup i believe.

they certainly did! i have only ever seen one. i owned it, one of those i wish i never sold it vehicles!!

P.S. thats a very smart looking truck!

Thanks guys…this week we sealed the steering and the gear/transfer/underdrive boxes…next week we are finishing the rear differential (Salisbury with disc brake conversion, Dana 60 ARB and R&P, 35 spline chromo axles, ARB cover) and starting on the front (Toyota conversion with ARB, chromolly 30 spline axles and 27 spline Longfield CVs, D44 cover). In the meantime the 4.2 V8 was sent for machining and the goodies will be installed on it the week after…the 36" Iroks are on the headlock rims already, the shocks and springs are ready to mount, and the D44 winch bumper and the M8274-50 are ready for installation. Interior is all new Exmoor trim and the dash is in wiring need, but that's about that…beginning Feb this should be running!