I Give in and admit defeat

JeffR

Not the first case of remoulds being impossible or very hard to balance that I've heard of.

Have you got a set of standard sized non-remould tyres to compare against?

Got some slicks n some with cracked sidewalls, but I suppose I could borrow the 17 inch predators off the 110, however due to clearance problems I would not be able to get the thing out of the drive...

The way it is at the moment is drivable, so wi;ll treat it to another set of tyres later on in the year, that is assuming it passes it's MOT at the beginning of next month.

Did he spin the tyre on the rim to see if that made much difference? Would be interesting to see if beads cure it.

Will.

Nope, but as they did 3 1/2hrs work for free on a Sunday, I wasn't gonna push it. Happy enough to buy them a pint when they finished.

Not a big fan of 4wd retreads for road use.... due to the larger size and offroad use, i don't think the cases are reliable enough, thats without mistakes from factory... we got a run of BFG AT's that would get down to about 5mm of tread and then de-laminate... I had all 4 do it within a few months on my pajero, one bulge was almost an inch tall lol oh and for those running them this was back in the 90's I think BFG fixed the problem

I wrote up a reply yesterday but my comp crashed (doesn't like cold weather lol) other than a couple of things that were a long shots came back to the most likely the wheels lol

Oh and if you need em balanced again go to stick on weights and glue them on with super glue, you can stack the weights... trick from one of the local tyre shops, will stop you loosing your weights when you air down offroad (your beads move and don't hold the weights to the rim so they get knocked off)

A decent tyre fitter wont weight a wheel with more than 150 a side. After that you are chasing unicorns. Only way to fix it is too move the tyre around on the rim if you are using steel rims or swap tyres around on alloys. If you are putting 200 weights onto a rim to balance it you will get wobble after a couple of thousand miles.