Galvanisers Near Oxford?

Back in mid 70s I used Ideal casements to do a chassis for me , they were in Reading . Not there anymore !

When I needed a bulkhead , and other stuff doing recently , I ended up using Wedge , up in Wednesfield nr Brum as they were about the nearest , and they did a real good job at a good price . HTSH

I've used Wessex galvanizers in Southampton very helpful however the finish is a little agricultural. But I would happily recommend them for stuff you don't necessarily see mind I could of just of had a rough batch.

Mike

This are my findings as well, but probably the closest to you.

East anglia galvanizers in peterborough is were I had my chassis done, and their finish is better by a mile I'd say, it looked mirror finish almost. Shame their forklift driver messed it up by throwing it in a corner and bend a bracket.

Daan

Pillar Wedge as already detailed... they have recently just done a project for me that involved 847 tonnes of steel and which then won the Galvanisers Association Award for best use of galvanised steel in an engineering project!

Depending on where you are in Oxford, you could also drop into WIG Engineering (just outside Bicester) and ask for John or David - see if they have anything going through somewhere local that you could 'tag onto'

Cheers

Rob

I have used Premier Galvanising in Peterborough and found them to be good, although that was not for small LR parts. A mate had a winch bumper done by a place in Bristol and that came out well. I know neither are particularly close, but IIRC the Bristol one will collect/deliver.