Trip to the Pyrenees

GBMUD

I am away for the weekend but I will try again to find a reasonable price next week. Robbers, I cannot believe that you can get UK breakdown for £70/year but a couple of weeks in France/Spain costs £50-60. It is simply a rip off.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Just confirmed the NFU cover for £24.15 including roadside repair and recovery to UK if needed plus accommodation

Hopefully it wont be required.... but brakes are playing up a bit after changing the pads!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Very slight change of plan chaps - we will now be arriving at the Auberge on the Friday so will miss the first day out into the hills.

Decided that as we're trying to see a bit of France on the way there that it would be nice to actually see it at less than 60mph as it goes by the window!

This time next week, we'll be in Troyes :D :D :D

Nice one Mo, well done.

I have loads of little checks and jobs to do this week to get the Landy ready - and as we all know, any small job turns into a bigger, more complicated and more expensive one! :)

Chris

That is true Tim! :)

I was looking into what it will cost to use my debit card abroad - and the conclusion is that I will be taking a fist full of Euros! Check your banks charges for currency conversion. Breakdown cover at reasonable cost and green card/bail bond now sorted with the NFU.

No jobs completed today. :(

Chris

Not long to go now.

Chris any chance of you taking picture of your bail bond stuff and emailing it through so i can email it to the NFU this end and confirm as they say i dont need it!

jobs today - finally got that bloody little window back in - took over an hour this am, drive members done up again (all 4 loose!),

just and engine to lift now before we go, a punch challenge to setup and run, a trip to Eastnor for the Def launch, and a couple of days at work!

must remember to pack and think about doing something with the td5 as well.....

Bish has the a/c coming along?

Will do on the bail bond etc. James.

Wish I were going on Sunday too Bish. :( On the bright side I have something nice planned for the weekend. :)

Today's jobs: Change shocks, replace A-frame ball joint, top-up transmission oils, tidy-up cabin wiring, fit electric fan - specially important after the events of Saturday! (when we nearly overheated towing up a long hill)

Chris

fit electric fan - specially important after the events of Saturday! (when we nearly overheated towing up a long hill)

Chris

But,, "hopefully" you will not be dragging any dead defender's in the next week or so !! :o

Bail bonds were done away with about 5/6 years ago, so "technically" not needed, but my insurance cert still has it listed on the back, along with the Spanish translation !!

• 2 weeks later...