Trip to the Pyrenees

GBMUD

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I think I have managed to buy some guide books - operating in a foreign language is hard work! Fingers crossed that they will turn up some time soon. :)

Chris

Guide books arrived this morning. :) Lots of routes with tulip diagrams and GPS waypoints to make life easy.

Chris

What are all you guys doing about breakdown cover? I had a quote from the AA and it was outrageously expensive! Then they put the frighteners on me once I declined their offer by telling me about the cost of getting the car recovered etc. etc.

I think that if I break down to the extent that I cannot mend it or economically get it mended locally then I will buy a trailer there, get one of you guys to tow me back and then sell the trailer once home. :)

What is the cooling-off period for insurance cover again.?...

Chris

It seems to me Chris that with a 21 year old motor, I'm limited to the AA or the RAC at £80-£90 for the trip. The others are either only covering cars up to 10 or 15 years old or want my name, address, email and phone number before quoting (no thanks).

My current breakdown cover for the UK is through my insurers, Firebond, so I'll ring them this afternoon otherwise it's the RAC (I won't use the AA after their support for the motorcycle leg protecters fiasco in the eighties).

Mo