A new addition to my tool drawer

Soren Frimodt

Nothing much at all, just something I've been wanting for several years, but not one of those things that you really need, hence I haven't done much about it, except finding out they are bloody expensive!

A 'dimple die' is what it is, the last dot to complete the i, so to speak, in my many go-fast holes. They simply are not proper go-fast holes if they are not dimpled, just ask on Pirate if you don't believe me :P

Only bought a 1" version for starters to check the quality and so forth, what I like about it is that it can be used with a through-bolt so already installed sheets on stuff can be dimpled without having to remove them. Just went and tested it on an old piece of scrap Mercedes sheet :D

post-9137-0-46584400-1421175926_thumb.jpg

post-9137-0-05161700-1421175942_thumb.jpg

post-9137-0-35734300-1421175957_thumb.jpg

Can't wait to go all crazy with it! :D

I made one of them from an old inner bearing race track, a nut and bolt and an alloy bearing press tool. (The bearing press tool came as part of a set from Northern Tool Supplies, the set cost about £15 IIRC).

IMG_1222_zpsfdf229ca.jpg

Not perfect, but near enough and very rewarding... Can you guess where the oil cooler has gone on my 110? :D

Especially from all the weight that's been removed from rust! :D Yeah was hoping it would be fairly quick and easy to use with my akku-impact, just need to find a step drill with a 25mm step. The one I have goes from 24-26, and the hole really has to be exact for a decent looking result :)

• 2 months later...