I want it back.

Nigelw

Ever wanted back that one Land Rover you wish you'd never sold?

I have one special series in my heart, and Gordon Bennet, it is here forsale in the Netherlands :o

http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/auto-s/land-rover/m916475357-land-rover-109-1979-6cil-benzine.html?c=efb2ef4dc323389c4f92ed10afa33e3a&previousPage=lr

Unbelievable!!!!

The dents in the front wings, the chequer plate wing tops, recovery rings on the dumb irons and the 90/110 & Series 111 owners club sticker in the front left window, the tie ring welded onto the drop plate for trailer brake wire.

How random, I loved that old bus, now I need to hatch a cunning plan to buy her back!

• Like 1

I've let nostalgia get the better of me twice and bought back something I missed and regretted selling. However in none of the cases did it live up to my expectations, I should've left it with the fond memories that I have. Much like when you try to revisit something that you did as a teen. It just isn't the same anymore. But on the other hand, if I hadn't done I would probably still be regretting not doing it! So,its a bit of a tough one. Don't think I'll ever be doing it again though.

The series 1 in my forum pic and a '59 series 2 - both I wish I still had them... but ten or fifteen years on I bet they aren’t the vehicles I knew. I'd like to know what happened to them but not sure I'd buy either back.. maybe the V8 S1 ...

If you do decide to do it.. remember no blaming previous owner for bodges :-)

I was emotionally attached to that vehicle more than anything else in the world, there is a story behind it but, lets just say that through out the unhappiness that old bus was always ready for me to turn the key and take me away on our own adventure.

I have arranged with the vendor to let me come and see it to get some pics of us reunited, I never had any pics of it, rather unlike my Discovery which can be seen plastered all over the web.

A chance to say good bye and get some memories back, that will be enough for me, I moved on and past that period of my life, besides, owning one Land Rover can often be hassle enough, let alone two to eat the bank balance even lower ;)

I alwayns wanted back my first ever 90. I did so much to it. It had a race tuned v8 sounded amazing. Big tyres, lift. Winches all sorts. And painted matt black by my own fair hands ( well a spray gun actually ) loved it. I then bumped into the guy i sold it to about a year later. The engine had blown up and he had stripped the landy and now there are parts all over hampshire and dorset. Shame really. But it will never be forgotten. No idea who has the chassis and v5 now.