Locking Yourself Out Of A Freelander

Outrage

Just seen a funny situation at work!

Bloke gets out of his freelander whilst the engine is still running to check his lights are working, wind blows drivers door shut behind him and it somewhow manages to have locked!

How on a modern car could this happen? I'd have thought that with or without the engine running, pressing the button down on the drivers side door then shutting it would have resulted in the button being popped back up and the door not being locked?

Ive seen older cars that wont allow the button to be pressed down whilst open.

Whats even more amazing was how long it took one of the staff to get back in and how he did it! :o

I think this can happen with a lot of modern cars. A mate of mine stopped to help someone from his Honda and after sorting her out found that he couldn't get back into his car as the door had been shut. He eventually had to get a locksmith out to get back into his car. So much for being a good samaritan :P

Even through i posted the original thread, i'd refrained from posting the methods lads!! :(

I feel banged to rights....it's a fair cop, governor

Bit difficult this chaps, as the information is known by most slimy little thieving gets already, as part of their extensive education, as well as on the RAVE CD from memory. However, I have now removed details from my observation.