Wet right foot....

Where does it come from.....

I know it's a Land Rover and I should expect it to be wet inside when it's wet outside.... But....

Whenever it rains it drips down around the throttle pedal area...

Is it likely to be screen, bodywork join?

Where's the place to start looking?

(Or do I just wear waterproof shoes all the time?)

Where does it come from.....

I know it's a Land Rover and I should expect it to be wet inside when it's wet outside.... But....

Whenever it rains it drips down around the throttle pedal area...

Is it likely to be screen, bodywork join?

Where's the place to start looking?

(Or do I just wear waterproof shoes all the time?)

What about the seal on the front air vent?

Had this problem in the old 90, seemed to come in near the door seal in the region of the bulkhead to screen frame join, should be easily fixed with silicon :)

Was driving a new 110 with 4miles on the clock the other day and that was leaking upwards in the centre of the screen, its a fairly common problem ive found. You just cant beat good build quality :rolleyes:

Lewis

Mmm....

Pedal box replaced when restoring 110.... Door seals new, vent seals new (And look closed ok..)

Can't see anywhere obvious.. Will wait til next rain and lurk with torch.. I'm highly suspicious of the hinge / door strap mentioned above.... Hey ho.. No carpets anyways so why worry ! ;)

might not be adrivers side leak

inside under the vents there is a gutter, so it could be coming in from thepassenger side and runnign along the gutter.

my bet is on the vent seals.

last year, after great effort, my landie was 100% waterproof (to rain water). then at new year i forcibly romoved my roof rack with a tree at reasonable speed putting a few holes in the roof in the process. despite sealing it up and painting it and trying to cover everything possible it now leaks. i'm pretty usre its cominng under one of the outer ridges and througha gpa into the front inner ridge and then into the internal gutter, but alas there's nothing i can fix there.

at the end of summer the bulkhead started leaking again :( tried tightening the vents, adding a bit of sealant, but alas i have been unable to stop it. i'm pretty sure its attributable to the continued decay of the bulkhead, despite my attempts with bits of filler here and there.

when that gets replaced, maybe i'll see if i can finally conquer this problem. unfortunately its a pet hate of mine and i'm of the firm belief that a basic prerequisite of any car is it should keep out the water...should have bought a toyota.

good luck finding your leak, i hope you can solve it.

Thanks for your pointers there Callum.....

The water comes in while stationary and moving so I'll maybe whip the vents out one weekend soon and make sure I'm getting a good seal.. Maybe even the vaseline trick along the rubbers if I feel they may be the culprits....

I removed the carpets from the front some time back so it all dries pretty quick... (Also forgot to mention that I get a similar leak on the passenger side..)

I doubt I'll ever get to a Land Rover that doesn't leak, but it will be nice to know I've nailed it down to less than 5 key leak points at some point....