Why do we buy Landrovers...

JeffR

I think it's on the side of the steering column support under the dash and I think you just join the two blue/red wires but please check with a meter or the wiring diagram first.

Mike

Bugger me, one requires universal joints for elbows to get to the bloody thing! Certainly gave my knackered arm a work out, codeine is my bests friend.... All fixed now, was a combination of things, dodgy earth, cattle trucked dim dip unit and a chaffed wire.

Not silverline! We had a few at work that showed 13v as 18v wich caused some considerable headaches and expense until we realised! I have a draper expert one that seems to do what it says on the tin, has a buzzy beepy thing for continuity that's handy.

Mines something like "white gold" it looks like a fluke but I believe it's maplins. TSD told me recently that a good number of cheaper multimeters are borderline dangerous but I can't remember why it was something to do with the way there were fused or not inside.

Mike

My draper expert one is great for what I use it for. Would be nice if it was autoranging but can't complain. It will never match a decent Fluke or similar, but cant go wrong for the money.

Found out why my Draper one expired, bloody cat p!issed on it, that cat is vindictive - will not tell it off again (last time it got told off it p!issed in my slippers).

• 4 weeks later...

Well the wretched thing is now 4 wheel drive again, however, sat here waiting for a new front output flange bearing and oils seal to arrive.... Busted prop really really batters the bejesus out of the bearing. I really am beginning to hate this vehicle. Another job I am not looking forward to.