Which Roof bars/rack?

snailracer

I'm currently doing up my house and want to be able to get sheet materials/long pieces etc but the 109 is limited for bigger stuff.

Ideally I want something big enough to get 8x4 sheets on.

Anyone have any recommendations on what is the best thing to fit for the job?

Cheers

Matt

Cheers. Theyre still a bit spendy for me at present. I might have to look at bars instead.

Lots of sites say stuff only fits defenders but surely the fitting is the same on both series and defender. Are they just covering their asses or am I missing something?

Defender roof bars will fit a Series roof, I have a pair of Halfords bars for mine you can pick up second hand sets on eBay for about £25.

If you're moving 8x4' sheets it may pay to fix some batten between the bars to support the centre of the sheets.

I have a galvanised rack on my 110 which I think is a brownchurch. It's was great for 8x4 sheets, rolls of carpet, kayaks, bicycles etc. I will be putting it on eBay when I get a chance as it just doesn't get used these days. Hoping to get £100 for it.