eberspacher

Gromit

Hello All,

With winter on our doorstep, I've finally got myself an ebby D1LC. I didn't realise they were so big! :o

So, where should I put it in my 110 CSW, or where have you put yours?

Pictures of your installation would be cool.

First place that springs to mind is under the second row seats but which way should it be pointing?

I don't have any ducting, so it'll be sucking its air from the cab - ok in a breezy 110 I reckon ;)

The cable run to the rheostat is only about a foot long, so I guess I'll have to chop and extend it to mount it somewhere on the dash.

If I buy one of the 7 day programable timer, can it just be plugged into the heater's loom?

Looking forward to your input.

Hello All,

With winter on our doorstep, I've finally got myself an ebby D1LC. I didn't realise they were so big! :o

So, where should I put it in my 110 CSW, or where have you put yours?

Pictures of your installation would be cool.

First place that springs to mind is under the second row seats but which way should it be pointing?

I don't have any ducting, so it'll be sucking its air from the cab - ok in a breezy 110 I reckon ;)

The cable run to the rheostat is only about a foot long, so I guess I'll have to chop and extend it to mount it somewhere on the dash.

If I buy one of the 7 day programable timer, can it just be plugged into the heater's loom?

Looking forward to your input

hi gromit i've had a D1LC in my csw for a couple of years now and i love it. mounted it infront of the middle 2nd row seat, just behind the cubby box. i took some photo's for someone on another forum but have not figured how post em yet. but i'll have another go for ya.post-1803-1164322227_thumb.jpgdunno if thats it. anyway there was a good reason for putting it there and not under the seat but i can't rememember what it was. seat would not tip or fouled exhaust or something. also fitting it where i did means you can duct the small 1" take off into the drivers footwell if you want or even into the engine compartment. fraid i cn't help with the wiring as mine was pre wired to a rheostat with a timer.

hope this helps paul

hi gromit i've had a D1LC in my csw for a couple of years now and i love it. mounted it infront of the middle 2nd row seat, just behind the cubby box. i took some photo's for someone on another forum but have not figured how post em yet. but i'll have another go for ya.post-1803-1164322227_thumb.jpgdunno if thats it. anyway there was a good reason for putting it there and not under the seat but i can't rememember what it was. seat would not tip or fouled exhaust or something. also fitting it where i did means you can duct the small 1" take off into the drivers footwell if you want or even into the engine compartment. fraid i cn't help with the wiring as mine was pre wired to a rheostat with a timer.

hope this helps paul

Sort of. You have all your seats in so its not for camping. So whats the point?

Not necessarily. I have a D1LC and a timer (which I think is 7 day - still haven't got round to installing either of them), and neither the plug nor the wiring colours match up. I believe the newer models have the control box built into the main body of the heater, and would guess that the wiring changed at the same time.

We had quite a long discussion about where to locate the heaters on the old forum, and the conclusion was that putting them under the second row of seats works well. However, I carry a load of junk around in my rear passenger footwells so I've been toying with the idea of removing a load area seatbase and installing the heater on one of the wheelboxes where it's less likely to find an aerosol can to snuggle up with.

Tdi Defenders have lousy heaters!

I get it. I thought it was something to do with when parked and running independently of the engine. So it is a supplement to the existing heater?

I have a Tdi Defender, and mine is warm and toasty inside. No modification noted. So is it because not all Defender heaters are the same, or is it simply that I am harder than you?

I get it. I thought it was something to do with when parked and running independently of the engine. So it is a supplement to te existing heater.

I have a Tdi Defender, and mine is warm and toasty inside. No modification noted. So is it because not all Defender heaters are the same, or is it simply that I am harder than you?

you're obviously much harder than me! i leave mine running all winter, never any ice on my windows! and i don't care how good your heater is it won't warm anyone sat in the back! :D

you're obviously much harder than me! i leave mine running all winter, never any ice on my windows! and i don't care how good your heater is it won't warm anyone sat in the back! :D

I do like the idea of it. Getting into a warm vehicle with no ice on it. We tend to have colder winters over here in Germany, so would be useful. What do they tend to retail at? I would have to get it fitted, as it sounds a bit too technical for me.

wouldn't be a lot of point for me, I only close the drivers window when its raining heavy or above 30mph. :D

ps, I also find that on long journeys its those in the rear complaining about the heat building up in the 110. It does take a while to build up though!!

Jas

Paul....

Just wear double layers of Lederhosen....

Have a hot blonde beside you and you won't worry about the temperature, hot or cold...

Me, I just jump in the A6 with heated seats when it's cold ! :)

Yeah! I have just bought an XC70. Just can't get the wife out of it!

I think this heater is a good idea. I am a bit more into the travel adventure side of LR rather than the technical. So something like this in Scandanavia would be great. I have friends in Norway and Sweden, so got to get a trip in before we return to the UK maybe next year???

She wouldn't be coming with me! Come on get a grip. Me and Mr Garspar would be going as we always do. However, for longer more extended trips in colder climates this is a good idea.

As I have no leaks in my LR, this device would not cause condensation either!

Eberspacher's are great. Nats pee of fuel, an old battery and you can keep your workshop warm :)

Waited to get a diesel LR to fit one to and now have a D1LC (handy link Ralph) and the TDi but yet to fit it as I tend not to overnight in the 90.

Defender heaters are definately better than my old 2A's but they do get clogged with mud, leaves and things I'm not sure I'd want to recognise which rather reduces effectivness.