Do we want / need another 200 Tdi into Series Post ?

Arjan

Yes it is, and a intercooler. So it would be 135 hp and 400nm at 2000 rpm.

And yes to that to...  it's just that i'm getting back in good health again..

bought the car and took out the 2,25 and started with the transmission. then live got a little

different.  so not much progres, for a while.  but now made a set of engine mounts .

and it fits. 

cheers

Wytze

I'll keep an eye open for the thread when you write it Wytze , and always good to hear of health returning .

A mate had the same engine in a RRC on a manual box some years back which was a nice drive , plenty of torque all the way through the rev range

cheers

Steve b

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Right.....

We had a epic weekend as Mr. Drew came, kicked me in the a.. and we got going and had a running 200 Tdi in the Series this Sundaymorning...

A few things have been proven to work, a few things have been proven otherwise...

Need to get some standard rubber LR water hoses, some pipe and the intercooler / waterworks are fine.

100 % of the electrics need to be done - LED's will be fitted - and kept as simple as possible :lol:

Also, the drum handbrake is to be replaced with the X- type one but so far the nut on the output shaft will not come undone. Is it a turn clockwise to undo one ?

Noop... never had the pleasure, i think:-)

And must say...  this forum keeps you going...   I'm slowly getting there to get my lpg 109 stationwagon ready for it's mot and then it can go..  So i can get going on my Mazda 109 project again.  

hahaha, You still working on the orange series hybrid?

Thought you'd do the wireing on a sunday evening while watching a movie!!?? that's not an excuses for not having it on the road yet :P

Same here, wanted to install the Zeus disc conversion that was here on the shelve for over a year. It appeared to have calipers made for jaguar not landrover....

The folks at zeus did send me a new kit straight away with a lot of apoligies (even though the buy itself took place over a year ago!!!) 

* that's what I call service !! *

now got 1 side mounted. As my rear brakes almost catched fire due to carp and oil in the brakes I also got these hubs dismantled and for the better. I though I had all parts. Appears the front bearrings are BAD (rear where fine) even the front hub driving member (the piece the wheelstuds go in.) appears be to abuses BAD by a previous engineer... chipped bad on the edge where the seal sits... repaired that a bit with the dremel and took bits from the back to get a mint front but. left rear will be put together with all the crappy parts and redone later.

Chassis welding is obviously finished and wiring to the back + all lights are brand new. Some hinges to replace....

And as usually a ton of other work on the house / my daily job. Ah, and I did buy a radiator as well as I was in a spending mood, let's hope it IS the fix for my summertime overheading 2.25di.

haha looking at the names here we can almost start a Dutch chapter, however without the overseas humor and knowledge... where would be be?

Edited by xychix

On 10/16/2017 at 5:33 PM, Arjan said:

Thanks.

Will need to make a bracket or something to keep the thing from turning when applying mega forces to undo that @%$@$%@$ nut...

turning? Its attached to the driveshaft right?   How does that work? You start unleashing your mega powers on the handbrake and it keeps turning, half an hour later you're in your neighbours veggies?? 

If the issue is that the shaft is free turning there's likely something you can do to block the wheels?? Shock wrench (air or electric) might help.

Actually, progress is made - see new post in int. secrion - and the Hybrid has now a nice new turbo pipe, so that is done. Clients, oh well, need a lot of time and they do pays the bills... Oil cooler hoses have been made - thanks Drew - so the oil is now also set. Awaiting arrival of a few rubber hosed to make up the water ways and we're getting there. The spill rail leaks so a new one is en route from the UK. Once the engine has been found watertight, and hopefully oil proof, it is time for the easy part : electrics.

I have made a CT appointment...

• 5 weeks later...