Where's best to buy parts these days?

darthdicky

Beadings - you can usually get these from an industrial supplier if you know the part-number [usually etched on the end-face of the races]. Industrial bearings-suppliers generally sell good-quality stuff at sensible prices.

For mailorder. Brit-Car is my current supplier of choice.

Brookwells are fine as long as you specify nothing in a blue box, they are just not as handy as the 4x4 store was. Still cannot believe that they just shut it overnight and shipped everything up to Devon 4x4 which is in the middle of nowhere! You can still get bits from them mail order but it comes from the D4x4 stores and at their prices, but then you are just as well going to Paddocks, Brit-car etc.

Cheers guys, I went to Brookwells today but wasn't overly impressed. The front prop I have is marked as FRC8390 so I asked for 2 UJ's for that. They had a cheap option at about £5, an OEM option for £9 and a genuine option for £51. I asked for the OEM one but they came out in a blue box and the markings on them certainly weren't GKN so I left it.

I can't remember the part number but the parts person gave me but I think it was the 82mm wide version, although having measured it up the yokes on mine are about 82mm which seems to make the current UJ about 75mm across the cups? Does that sound right? Can anyone confirm exactly which part number I need?

Thanks,

Richard

The part number looked like it once did but someone had put a black blob of pen over it, and for something that's a pain to change over I wasn't going to risk it, especially as the stamping on it looked like a brand I'd never heard of.

Will try Replace-a-part/Devon4x4 at the weekend

Richard