Drop arm rubber boot - can you buy individually ?

Noticed last night the rubber gaiter/boot on the drop arm joint was damaged. I ended up buying a kit with swivel bushes etc and an extraction tool.

Only thought after the swivel joint itself hasn't been on that long as I replaced drop arm assembly when I replaced my steering box, so the swivel assembly shoud be in generally good nick assuming no crud got in there.

So as usual with cases like this I wondered if I could have just bought the rubber and replaced that ? Not found a part number and everywhere I have searched so far just provides a full refurb kit.

So was wondering if you can buy it separate from the kit and if so where from ?

Not that I am a miser, the kit only cost me £6.50. However, if I could just change the rubber boot as a separate item and do a full refurb using the kit when the weather warms up a bit all the better (No garage and the cold weather gets to me these days, getting old so I feel it more).

Yes, don't have any part number though. I went in to my local motor factor and asked the lad at the counter. He bought out several bags of 10 in different sizes and I chose the sizes needed for the job (replacing perished boots on the suspension of an old Jaguar that had been standing too long). Weren't expensive.

If you ebay it, you can find them for just about anything, I replaced loads on my Audi a few years ago that were all perished, but underneath the joints were all good.

Just measure the large and small diameter and find one that is close.

If you are lucky, you can find neoprene-y type rubber ones, which should last forever.

The genuine ones have like a double bellow at the big end where as "normal" TRE boots have a single bellow. Beware some the cheaper after market ones. The material doesn't some to be very UV tolerant and can perish after a few months. My driveway is west facing and the droparm gets quite a bit of evening sun during the summer months!

I finally found a part number A0408-C Think it's Britpart but Allmakes also do one £1.70 including VAT.

Cheers Dave for link on Paddock probably same part as above as it say's aftermarket.

I usually get occasional parts from a local Land Rover parts supplier - www.totalparts.co.uk.

I sent them an email with the part number see if they can source it, makes life easier as I can drive there and also saves postage.

However, the neoprene-y type rubber sounds even better option if I can get hold of one.

When my ball joint kit arrives I plan to measure up the rubber gaiter/boot and wondering if I can source a Neoprene version. I am then planning to put the cheap aftermarket rubber gaiter on until the weather improves. I can then replace the full ball joint and fit a better quality rubber boot just in time for my MOT in June.

Thanks for all the advice appreciated.

Ian

Problem solved with rubber boot I can get (X4) Neoprene rubber boots with nitrile rubber O rings for £5.95 :D

You can also buy Bearmach replacements (BR0734) pack of X6 for £6.25 but think they are std rubber grade.

If anyone wants the dimensions for future reference: Small hole 16mm, Large hole 30mm, Height 26mm.

My kit and bush extraction kit arrived today. So will order the Neoprene replacements off eBay and will fit the std rubber one out of the kit, next week probably 10min job.

Roll on spring and some warmer weather so I can crack on with some more jobs.

Regards Ian