Photobucket Fix

Superpants

I have just picked up on another forum that some kind soul has created a solution to the photobucket image hosting problem- They have created an add in for firefox and chrome that enable you to see the images currently being blocked. I have installed it and seems to be working well so far. The quote from the other site with the details is:

If you're using Google Chrome, go to the three dots on the right side of the screen and click them. A drop down should appear. Hover your mouse over "More Tools," and when the next drop down appears, click on extensions. Go to the link towards the bottom that says "Get more extensions." In the search box, type "Photobucket Fix," and hit enter. Click the install button and once it's done, you should be able to see photobucket pictures again.

For FireFox users, click on the three bars on the right side of the screen, then click on add ons. Click search for "photobucket hotlink" and click install. Same result.

Fantastic!!

• Like 1

It's still a bit slow and flakey and full of adverts but atleast my however many years of photos have reappeared.

I tried to use google photos instead as  I already have a google account but I couldn't work that out. Now it keeps trying to add all my photos everytime  I take one on my phone. :unsure:

I think some of that may be people fixing their links and switching to another service. 

I notice that photobucket seem to have got rid of the button to download all of your pics in one go....  but info here on a straightforward workaround to that...

gist.github.com/philipjewell/a9e1eae2d999a2529a08c15b06deb13d

Nope, not working, my alarm spider post is still full of placeholders.

Mind you when they emailed me to tell me I needed to pay them I did reply and tell them to stick their account right up their arse so that might be something to do with it :rofl:

1 hour ago, BogMonster said:

Nope, not working, my alarm spider post is still full of placeholders.

Mind you when they emailed me to tell me I needed to pay them I did reply and tell them to stick their account right up their arse so that might be something to do with it :rofl:

I don't know which browser you are using; With Firefox and the add-on I can see all the pictures in your spider post.

Do you need the pictures capturing so they can be hosted elsewhere?

Regards.

19 hours ago, David Sparkes said:

I don't know which browser you are using; With Firefox and the add-on I can see all the pictures in your spider post.

Do you need the pictures capturing so they can be hosted elsewhere?

Regards.

Thanks, it's OK, I don't have time to update the post at the moment anyway but if there is a solution that makes pictures visible I will ask the admin team whether it's possible to make a script to grab everything automatically.

On 12/6/2017 at 10:23 PM, joe1 said:

Yay, thanks for that - there's also a fix for the Opera browser:

https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/details/photobucket-hotlink-fix/?display=en

That all seemed to work ok, but a few days later I found that a few standard laptop features had mysteriously stopped working (eg. the ability to reboot or call up task manager!). Having disabled the extension everything was then back to normal. So for this browser I'll only enable the extension when I need to view photobucket links, and then disable it afterwards. Bit of a pain really....