32 minutes ago, steve b said:

DSC03715.thumb.JPG.af6e9a295e810cf3226789bbe69a92d2.JPG

After some digging through the pile of transmissions it's here 

DSC03722.thumb.JPG.f1595be8e80b976b0e048728822c810b.JPG

14D confirms the ratio

1.003Tbox(2).thumb.JPG.88d64bdc3b7ada9524f5cd5611bfd31c.JPG

Oil was good and clean inside and no chips off teeth

DSC03717.thumb.JPG.4496e06304f0c4022de609f0b8a2cd9b.JPG

It has all the parts to mount back onto a 4sp. auto including Hi/Lo linkage , adaptor and spud shaft and lower stiffener plate 

DSC03720.thumb.JPG.97b7f17f49c4c50f3f4e3191f3610ec3.JPG

V8 ready....

DSC03643.thumb.JPG.fe2b5e5cce97472bc5c13f12712927e4.JPG

SBC on a short LT77 in an 88 2a near completion hiding in a barn nearby and owned by one of my LR buddies. 

Very tidy build with the standard 2a front panel and headlights and red and yellow knobs in place and functioning as original. Quite the sleeper until it starts!!

Steve

Wow that's brilliant @steve b could you pm me with how much you would like for it please

Regards Stephen

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bowie69 said:

Managed to get Sid on the weighbridge yet, Stephen? 

Unfortunately not, too busy trying to create space in my garage to get milling and shaping machine in

I have been looking at crane scales so I can do it at home, p!enty on eBay and seem reasonably priced if you don't want the remote set up, nearly a £100 difference, was thinking of crane scales as might come in handy for calculating future modifications

Regards Stephen

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Stellaghost said:

Unfortunately not, too busy trying to create space in my garage to get milling and shaping machine in

I have been looking at crane scales so I can do it at home, p!enty on eBay and seem reasonably priced if you don't want the remote set up, nearly a £100 difference, was thinking of crane scales as might come in handy for calculating future modifications

Regards Stephen

I shall see what I can do🤫

• Haha 1

Don't suppose anyone lives near to Amington, Tamworth for a wee bit of assistance getting an engine into the back of my car tomorrow morning, long shot and short notice, I'll manage would be easier with 2

Regards Stephen

24 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

Excellent..... :D

Love the engine crane/support thingy ..... 

Yes it did its job perfectly, made dragging the engine in with a 500kg pull lift very easy, just some short bits of aluminium scaffolding

Regards Stephen 

3 minutes ago, Stellaghost said:

Yes it did its job perfectly, made dragging the engine in with a 500kg pull lift very easy, just some short bits of aluminium scaffolding

Regards Stephen 

Where there's a will..... And I suspect the will was quite strong with this - not much more exciting than a new engine for a project!