Overland caravan build

39 minutes ago, elbekko said:

Test camp at Seven Sisters then?

Nah I'll have the club trailer....oh yeah and it won't be anywhere close to ready. :hysterical:

36 minutes ago, Wytze said:

That few extra inches do work really well

That's what she said. Yes they do it balances up nicely now and the king size mattress will fit.

Mike

8 hours ago, miketomcat said:

Nah I'll have the club trailer....oh yeah and it won't be anywhere close to ready. :hysterical:

That's what she said. Yes they do it balances up nicely now and the king size mattress will fit.

Mike

Size does matter, yes😁😁😁

1 hour ago, Ed Poore said:

Well if its mounted and watertight just shove some mattresses in there and job done :P

That's probably what'll happen for Silverstone.

I'm rapidly approaching the point where I need to buy some windows, carpet, a cassette toilet, some stabilizer legs, wheels and tyres. That'll need money so it'll really slow things down.

Mike

2 hours ago, miketomcat said:

I'm rapidly approaching the point where I need to buy some windows, carpet, a cassette toilet, some stabilizer legs, wheels and tyres. That'll need money so it'll really slow things down.

I have a fair few bits left over from the ambulance build - none of the things on your list, mind :P - but definitely a few bits and bobs and sundries, especially wiring-related, and you're welcome to rummage through any & all of it.

3 hours ago, miketomcat said:

That's probably what'll happen for Silverstone.

Mike

Windows - yeah nice but not essential

Carpet - see above

Cassette Toilet - see above

Stabilizer legs - what's wrong with some blocks of wood? :ph34r:

Wheels and tyres - I'll give you that...

3 minutes ago, Ed Poore said:

Windows - yeah nice but not essential

Carpet - see above

Cassette Toilet - see above

Stabilizer legs - what's wrong with some blocks of wood? :ph34r:

Wheels and tyres - I'll give you that...

You can explain all the "non essential" items to my wife.......:popcorn-and-drink-smiley-emotic

Mike

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, miketomcat said:

You can explain all the "non essential" items to my wife.......:popcorn-and-drink-smiley-emotic

Mike

Actually on the window front do you want some double glazed ones? I've got a stack of them in the garden from house renovations, might be a guessing game matching the windows with the frames but they're all there.

You can pick up caravan legs for around £20 each and to be honest there isn't much that's better.

Thanks but house double glazing is very heavy and I don't really want glass anyway. You can get caravan windows second hand quite cheap but I'd like the more modern flush fit type and they seem to start at £200 second hand.

Mike

• Like 1

1 hour ago, miketomcat said:

You can pick up caravan legs for around £20 each and to be honest there isn't much that's better.

Thanks but house double glazing is very heavy and I don't really want glass anyway. You can get caravan windows second hand quite cheap but I'd like the more modern flush fit type and they seem to start at £200 second hand.

Mike

Much else in the rest of a caravan that would be useful? Thinking if it's worthwhile buying one for the windows/cooker etc.

5 hours ago, ped said:

i have a stack of caravan windows in the yard free to a good home

Any piccies? - I might be interested in some too :ph34r:

3 hours ago, miketomcat said:

Hmm just need an excuse to come up your way now....

Mike

Isn't that excuse enough? :rolleyes:

Depends on how urgently you need them but @Retroanaconda is heading south towards mine in early July so perhaps he can be convinced. I'm sure my sister will be back and forth a bit as my parent's lab is due to drop some puppies tomorrow and my sister is having one. Also have a mate back and forth often but unreliably between me and Guildford.

Unless there's someone coming down to Summer Sisters from that direction?

58 minutes ago, Ed Poore said:

Any piccies? - I might be interested in some too :ph34r:

Isn't that excuse enough? :rolleyes:

Depends on how urgently you need them but @Retroanaconda is heading south towards mine in early July so perhaps he can be convinced. I'm sure my sister will be back and forth a bit as my parent's lab is due to drop some puppies tomorrow and my sister is having one. Also have a mate back and forth often but unreliably between me and Guildford.

Unless there's someone coming down to Summer Sisters from that direction?

Not with current fuel prices, don't forget the ibex is my sensible car. :blink:

Mike