Interesting industrial drill

Shackleton

47 minutes ago, Shackleton said:

What's in the airing cupboard? 

pretty full of a coat rack made of 48mm blue band and 6mm angle.... At least I could use a block and tackle to lift it off a dolly 🙄

Will

They call it a radial arm drill, a lot of the toolmakers I use still have them for deep cooling channels, lifting holes as the machining centres can't work with such long drills and they're all hugely over engineered so never need replacing. 

I'm like everyone else those, nowhere to put it :D

• Like 2

I have one of those , they are a great bit of kit for a small Radial arm drill , morse taper 3 , the table lifts and has tee slots top and sides and a good range of speeds , forward and reverse . Mine cost £25 back in the mid 80's :). I also picked up a quick clamp machine vice with a max throat of 300mm which has been bolted to it ever since . I do like old machinery , it's bomb proof .

cheers

Steve b

• 4 years later...

I see it's been a while, but I wanted to chime in. That's an interesting-looking drill. I can see why the current bid is so high - a crate of drills or the vices alone could be worth a lot! It's always cool to come across unique industrial machines like this