New steering wheel

When you are looking at alternative steering wheels you have a very wide choice and it all depends on what you want. Deep dish, flat, small, very small, removable, leather, wood etc etc.  A smaller wheel will give more elbow room while a deep-dish will bring the wheel closer to you (but further away from the stalks). I have had a few different ones on my 90 during the last 20-years and they all did what I wanted at the time.

14-inch leather & polished alloy Mountney (flat).

12-Inch leather & brushed alloy Raid (flat and fitted to Snap-Off adaptor).

Currently I have a 14-inch leather & brushed alloy Momo (flat) which suits me perfectly.

DSCF0067.JPG

On 12/8/2018 at 1:39 PM, western said:

If you want to stay with a LR wheel depending on your column spline count 36 or 48, this is worth a read http://www.web-rover.co.uk/articles-steeringwheels.html

IIRC some Austin Rover car wheels fit as well.

I have type A fitted with a leather cover, from wheel skins, which is just about the best wheel I have ever come across in a Defender.  I find the rim of a bare type A too thin and the type B too fat and spongy

2 hours ago, neil110 said:

I have type A fitted with a leather cover, from wheel skins, which is just about the best wheel I have ever come across in a Defender.  I find the rim of a bare type A too thin and the type B too fat and spongy

Do you have a picture Neil?