ThreeSheds

Engine crane, electric winch, Tirfor or something else?

I wouldn't say it's going to make it any worse. IMO I like everything to be just so, bolts in a sensibly sized hole etc, but with LRs you need that extra bit of room around it. 

No real difference to be honest, both would be putting them in shear, *if* it moved.

Starting to look the part...

20190422_202647.thumb.jpg.dcd5aa1c81ea763c2e757828376deeee.jpg

• Like 2

I used old beer crates and bits of wood, just kept lifting one end, then the other until it all lined up, then pushed it into place

I am abit late to the party and i'm glad you came up with a good solution which worked :)

I thought i would point out this little gem i came across not so long ago, it's a 500lb winch which works off a cordless drill.

Having lots of these drills about and various dodgy body parts, i find it a doddle to move stuff about

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Portable-500lb-Electric-Powered-Winch/dp/B07P7GH29G/ref=asc_df_B07P7GH29G/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=310855477562&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1694740625808202929&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006978&hvtargid=pla-701276682937&psc=1

• Like 2

Definately go with the 12mm bolts. I had a front towbar fitted to mine and managed to pull the top fixing bolts out of the chassis with the rotational force of pushing a trailer