Indicators have packed up

I haven't had chance to do any diagnostics yet, or check the fuses, but the indicators on the 110 have stopped working - no hazards either. Its a 1989 110.

I will check the fuses, but not sure after that - dodgy flasher relay or hazard switch? Any pointers on how to diagnose? My multimeter is 270 miles away....

TIA

They are working again now. I did what Mike said before I posted - did it again when I next got in for a drive and initially it didn't change anything, then a few miles later they started working.

When they weren't coming on, I think I could hear the relay click once as i put the left or right turn indicator on so I wonder if it was getting stuck?

1 hour ago, western said:

might even be corrosion inside the flasher unit, I had water in one of mine once.no idea how it got water in there.

This happened to me too at the end of last year. I think water got in by following the loom down to the relays. 

• 2 weeks later...

All working properly now. 

Initially it appeared to be the switch as fiddling with it got things working. Then the switch became too hard to switch! So I replaced it. They worked for a bit then and then stopped again - taking the relay out it was corroded on the bottom of the little circuit board in there. Replaced that and all ok now (for now!)

• Like 1