Seat Options 110 Front and Rear

Hi All,

Thanks for having me !!!!

Im restoring my 110 county 2001 and altering seating. Im hoping to have two front two rear with cubby Boxes both front and rear.  The original seats are very uncomfortable. At 50 im not sure about the sports seats !!!!! Im happy to recover seats but is there any options that fit front and rear to match up - or is there any modifications I can make to the existing seats in the front. I have tried to pet Puma seats 2nd hand but no Joy.

Thanks for your help in advance 

People have built a seat box to accomodate two seats in the rear instead of the triple or bench. this gives you the option of fitting various front car seats that aren't too large and match the same in the front. but this option won't allow you to fold the rear seats and make the most of the space, there are various topics relating to replacement seats on the forum that make interesting reading.

What specifically do you find uncomfortable?  It may help refine options, even with Defender specific seats - for example, I find the backs of Puma seats too flat, with insufficient lumbar support,  the older seats when in good order fixing that but not giving enough thigh support; the aftermarket extension rails would lift the seats and give more leg room, which would help, and Exmoor Trim make extended lower cushions with more support.  But if you have older seats and find too much lumbar, then there may be other Defender options before you go to the trouble of custom mountings and lose access to the seat base stowages (battery, fuse box, jack stowage, all important stuff).

I have range rover classic seats in the front of my 110 - they are brilliant. I often travel 4+ hours in one go an they are spot on for my height and size. They may not suit everyone.

The rear of the 110 has freelander rear seats fitted. I have modified the wheel arches to move them 4" further back than they would sit without modifications. Overall they fit well. They could do with being 3-4" wider across the vehicle, but if they were, the seat backs would need modification to fold past the seatbelt attachement at shoulder height to the C pillar.

I fitted Puma seats in my 2005 TD5 110 and they are really good, a worthwhile improvement over the TD5 ones.

You can get new “take off” Puma “County” seats from Twisted Automotive and they are £700 for a pair.

The material doesn’t match the County Cloth of the originals but it still looks fine and l don’t even notice the fact that they are black.

l do 12,000 miles per year in the 110 so l really noticed the difference in comfort.

Unfortunately you can’t fit Puma rear seats to a TD5 so if you don’t like the mismatch it would be no use to you.

image.jpg

Edited by Lightning

I find non-knackered Defender seats quite comfy to be honest - I've done a few 1000+ mile journeys on them.

The 109 has standard Defender front seats front & back, that works very well.

The rears have a cubby between them as part of the seat base:

web_IMG_2045.JPGweb_IMG_2046.JPG

I really must re-do that box without the tacky chequerplate some day :ph34r:

• Like 2

I also find Defender seats fairly comfortable, I think the later Tdci ones do offer slightly more support however have happily done long days driving on both types.

You can fit Tdci second-row seats to earlier models, but it requires some cutting of the foot wells and changes to the support brackets underneath. 

I have fitted Discovery 1 seats in my 110 both front and rear, XS half leather with the Land Rover logo. I made a bracket to attach them in the rear so they fold as originals to give good use of the rear compartment and the front i've modified to fit on the original fixing points and hinge to the rear to access both seat storage boxes they are about 40mm higher than original bases but are very comfy and look right. The only real problem I had was the door handles fouled the deat backs when folded flat so I replaced the handle with straps made from webbing.

2 hours ago, Ed Poore said:

I'm surprised Mo hasn't mentioned my seats yet... :rolleyes:

What seats 😆

I feel so inadequate now as I haven't got a barge to put rear seats in  😯

Not really  😂

Mo

10 hours ago, Retroanaconda said:

I also find Defender seats fairly comfortable, I think the later Tdci ones do offer slightly more support however have happily done long days driving on both types.

You can fit Tdci second-row seats to earlier models, but it requires some cutting of the foot wells and changes to the support brackets underneath. 

Back support of thigh?  Someone told me the Puma seats have better thigh support, and sitting in my wife’s, I never noticed any leg discomfort, but I found the backs uncomfortable as they didn’t have the lumbar support of the old Defender type I have in my 109.  It may have been that the Puma bases are more supportive for legs, or it may have been that I was distracted by my back ache!  Any idea if the base cushions are bigger or differently shaped?  Plausible, given that the backs are quite different.  I’m sure it’d be easy to mix and match.