OT: decent pressure washer

JST

OK have got a Karacher, and Albi? pressure washer, both single phase, about 130 bar IIRC and both carp at getting Bampton and slindon clay/sand muck off the wagon, any recommendations for a decent make of pressure washer, single phase jobby that doesnt;'t deteriorate with time.

OK have got a Karacher, and Albi? pressure washer, both single phase, about 130 bar IIRC and both carp at getting Bampton and slindon clay/sand muck off the wagon, any recommendations for a decent make of pressure washer, single phase jobby that doesnt;'t deteriorate with time.

Was going to say Karcher - had one for years with no probs. what so ever and still fine but I see you've tried one so I'll but out.

Don't think you will get much higher pressure from a normal domestic pressure washer - we have a big Karcher at work and apart from the fact it steams as well (which shifts stuff much easier!) the actual operating pressure and effectiveness is not much better than my home ones (one Karcher, one Draper)

If I have a really dirty vehicle I leave it till its been raining to wash it then the muck is nice and soft again :)

I've got a Stihl pressure washer for my 110, model number is RE126K [now superseded by the 127]

135 bar working pressure

150 bar max pressure

660ltr/hr through put of water

60 degree max water feed temp

230/240v uk mains power

5m mains power lead

2.3kw output

16kg weight

8 m hp hose

auto power off

rotary spray nozzle/fanjet nozzle standard fit

detergent metering

maint free for life

click on 'cleaning systems' then 'cold water washers' stihl pressure washers :i-m_so_happy:

i've got a stihl at home and work (ie the same one), cleans 10yr old concrete back to new with ease- cost £135 from Eagle Plant in Galmington.You're welcome to pop round and try it next time you are passing James- it's at home at the moment.

it "seems" as powerful as the diesel powered jobby we used to hire.

NAS90 posted this link to stuff about washers and what you get for your money.

I know it is less of an issue for you as you have somewhere to wash off at home but personally, when either my generator or my pressure washer packs up, I will be investing in a petrol powered washer. Being able to take the kit with you and clean off the car/quad on site after a day out is priceless. Not having to take all that mud home is brilliant - as long as there is somewhere safe to leave all the kit/trailer while you off-road. Buy from a name you have heard of, including the engine IMHO.

Presently I use a Sealey electric pressure washer which I bought years ago and has certainly earned it's keep. It has a rotary nozzle on it so rather than giving either a pencil jet or a lower pressure fan jet you get the best of both worlds. It copes with Slindon, Bampton and the muck from the Cement works at Shoreham - which sets like, well, cement! :) Does a good job on the patio too - which is on my list for this week after almost slipping over on it last week!

Chris

NAS90 posted this link to stuff about washers and what you get for your money.

I know it is less of an issue for you as you have somewhere to wash off at home but personally, when either my generator or my pressure washer packs up, I will be investing in a petrol powered washer. Being able to take the kit with you and clean off the car/quad on site after a day out is priceless. Not having to take all that mud home is brilliant - as long as there is somewhere safe to leave all the kit/trailer while you off-road. Buy from a name you have heard of, including the engine IMHO.

Presently I use a Sealey electric pressure washer which I bought years ago and has certainly earned it's keep. It has a rotary nozzle on it so rather than giving either a pencil jet or a lower pressure fan jet you get the best of both worlds. It copes with Slindon, Bampton and the muck from the Cement works at Shoreham - which sets like, well, cement! :) Does a good job on the patio too - which is on my list for this week after almost slipping over on it last week!

Chris

My Karcher HDS 551C which is a 'very hot water' blaster is absolutely magic at cleaning the NAS, the heat softens the mud / cement / clay and it falls off. Big price but you get what you pays for.