Jump to content

Electrical Wax/Grease?


Recommended Posts

Can anybody tell me what the name of the Electrical Wax/Grease is that is often found on electrical connections and used as a water repellent. Usually on plugs and the likes in the engine bay, normally white, sticky with a waxy feel???

Cheers Andy 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just liked the idea of the sticky stuff, that once applied you know it will stay put and not wash away too easily!?!

This is (for me) mainly for connector/plug joints plus where some connectors dont take all the metal and leaves it exposed to water and other elements. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience. By using our website you agree to our Cookie Policy