Zeus front brake conversion

Cornish Rattler

7 hours ago, uninformed said:

Has anyone here looked into the Design and Developments Engineering kits? Should be available soon. 370 quid by the sounds of it. Looks like early 90/110 caliper

Yes but as with the Zeus kit you can’t fit standard rims.

Just after I bought my kit a company on fb sprung up who have just made a disc brake kit and just at the testing stage with no prices, to me it just looked liked the Zeus kit but the calipers fitted much higher up than the ones on the Zeus kit but you had to source your own calipers and discs like as you would if you went with the Haystee kit using older Defender stuff, I will try and find them and post it on here :)

1 hour ago, Cornish Rattler said:

Just after I bought my kit a company on fb sprung up who have just made a disc brake kit and just at the testing stage with no prices, to me it just looked liked the Zeus kit but the calipers fitted much higher up than the ones on the Zeus kit but you had to source your own calipers and discs like as you would if you went with the Haystee kit using older Defender stuff, I will try and find them and post it on here :)

They are Design and Development Engineering. I mentioned them just a few posts prior...

On 9/7/2020 at 10:30 AM, Bigj66 said:

What does the vac pump do if you don’t have a servo? 🤔

For me it was only used to replace the vacuum flap in the 2.25 diesel air intake smothering the engine. (making it smoke more)
I was happy with that simple fix without understanding or diving in to more details around this topic ;)

The 109 had a vacuum, the vacuum hurts the enginge, I build a simple better vacuum. (love electric solution opposed to vacuum pumps etc). I'd assume my 1979 Series III has a servo of it's own? 

Ah, the error in communication: "are you running a servo as well?". Yes I do, no I didn't touch it at all so assume it's he original; Series III.
My apologies.

Just to be as complete as possible:

I took my standard 109 SIII (which already had the vacuum butterfly removed and a hella up28 fitted by myself in the past)
Redid the rear drum brakes with all SIII 109 parts.
Fitted a front Zeus kit

Then figured out my rear brakes weren't braking enough (or too much, can't remember anymore) but 'guessed' I needed a master cylinder with another bias. Ended up with a delphi for a def 90.
Fitted it and was very happy with the results.

Edited by xychix
  • Like 1