Zeus front brake conversion

Cornish Rattler

10 minutes ago, Arjan said:

Nice !!!!

Shiny bits.

Good luck fitting them.

Please make loads of pictures and esp. the brakepads.

They are a standard pad - just write down the part #

Do you know if the caliper plates can be mounted so the calipers sit higher up or do they need to be fitted like in your pic :)

"..Do you know if the caliper plates can be mounted so the calipers sit higher up ?.."

Hmm......

Not sure, really..

afbeelding.png.fbdf6afc0431ab4ba6f61860dafe1cb6.png

Don't know...

afbeelding.png.e592f0d5cac19f37945e0582b588cb55.png

I think the 6 mounting holes are evenly spaced, so I guess one could..

It is a very long time ago since we fitted ours, so I guess we did it like this as per Zeus instructions (perhaps) and / or because the LR  brake lines had the perfect length for them to fitted like we did.

43 minutes ago, Arjan said:

"..Do you know if the caliper plates can be mounted so the calipers sit higher up ?.."

Hmm......

Not sure, really..

afbeelding.png.fbdf6afc0431ab4ba6f61860dafe1cb6.png

Don't know...

afbeelding.png.e592f0d5cac19f37945e0582b588cb55.png

I think the 6 mounting holes are evenly spaced, so I guess one could..

It is a very long time ago since we fitted ours, so I guess we did it like this as per Zeus instructions (perhaps) and / or because the LR  brake lines had the perfect length for them to fitted like we did.

Ok i was just thinking if i could just swap the plates over.

15 hours ago, Gazzar said:

Swap the swivel housings over to access the filler holes? 

I can't think of a reason why you can't clock the plates, but I didn't. 

That’ll work.  The braking effect will be the same wherever the calliper is fitted, so you only need to consider practicalities like access to the filler, clearance from steering rods and such, and of course, making sure the hose or line fits without stress and the bleed nipple is sited where it’ll be best for letting air out.

Swapping the swivel housings from one side to the other has only one effect, and that is swapping the oil filler from rear to front as intended.  Just be aware that in doings so, the castor angle means there will be a small change in the oil level.  Moving the filler to the front means the filled level will rise, so at least it’s on the safe side, and I don’t think the internals will be sensitive to that bit of overfilling.

Don't know about the Zeus kit, but it's certainly possible to clock the Santana Cazorla   kit, and Heystee's Santana Cazorla/Merc kit before that. The problem is the splash-plate, and bleeding.  None of this stopped me putting my spare set on the rear for a while. As expected, don't do this. Proportioning was unachievable, and It was wildly over-braked to the rear. Damn thing was next to undriveable!

My Heytee Selling.JPG

Edited by Landrover17H

12 hours ago, Landrover17H said:

Don't know about the Zeus kit, but it's certainly possible to clock the Heystee PS10 kit, and Heystee's Merc kit before that. The problem is the splash-plate, and bleeding.  None of this stopped me putting my spare set on the rear for a while. As expected, don't do this. Proportioning was unachievable, and It was wildly over-braked to the rear. Damn thing was next to undriveable!

My Heytee Selling.JPG

Its ok i decided to fit everything the way Zues shows it.

On 9/3/2020 at 1:01 PM, Cornish Rattler said:

Are you running a servo as well i've been told the series servo works but isn't as good as the defender one.

nope. Just master cyl and a hella UP28 electric vacuum pump connected to the brakelight switch