Headliner removal

Have tried to remove them in the past with various tools. They tend to just fold rather than pop out.

Rather than damage the headlining, have found it easier to carefully drill them out, use a plastic trim tool and then replace with new ones when refitting. 

Good luck,

Simon...

3 hours ago, Jut said:

just had mine out, the plastic type the guys have mentioned above aren't the best for getting these out. i used trim pliers. so much easier especially on door cards.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trim-Clip-Removal-Pliers-Car-Van-Door-Panel-Fascia-Dash-Upholstery-Remover-Tool/264542098279?hash=item3d97f01367:g:rQQAAOSw-E5ePBwn

Suggest being really careful using those to remove headliner material. I've tried those as well as the plastic tools. The problem with the metal ones is that there is a danger of the tool pressing too hard onto the headliner and damaging or ripping the headliner. IMHO - Easiest to drill them out, pop off and then fit new fasteners. In any case, agree that trim and headliners in particular are the most fiddly bits on a Defender.

When I did my headliner, I just got a flat blade screwdriver under the heads and gently pulled. They all came out fine. They are cheap to buy packs of though - this is one instance where you can trust Britpart for a replacement part! :)

Until I got the right tool (which is dubious for reasons mentioned above) I used a wire stripper/crimper. It's flat and has round cutouts to avoid squashing the fitting.

It's also thin and isn't at all sharp. Plus it's one less tool if you're mucking around with wiring behind the trim. Win-win!