Upper cargo shelf above loadbay in roof space

Toying with buying on of these Upper cargo shelf  or similar for my 110 to give me a bit more stowage for lighter items of rally recovery kit [like first aid kit, hi vis wet weather coats & leggings, jump leads, tow straps]  in the rear of my 110CSW.  I have a full height cargo barrier which will prevent kit coming into passenger area.

1. Do any of you guys & girls have one or similar ?

2. what make if you do have one ?

3. how easy was it to fit ? 

Edited by western
Link replaced

Looks like a handy solution for the sort of items you mention Ralph.

I've used bungee nets suspended from the ceiling for clothing.

My thoughts on a solid shelf -

How does it position? I wouldn't want to bump my head on it while leaning into the back.

Would it in any way impede access to other items in the back?

It'll block the light from the dome light above, so I'd maybe want some additional load area lighting.

Not trying to be negative, more raise points for consideration.

I quite like that. It would be nice if it had a fold down wall at the rear so stuff does not fall out when going up hill or jerky starts.

It does look like the light will be blocked so an additional or relocated foof light would benefit?

I had a mantec version in my 90 for a while, got stuff off the floor but I kept banging my head on it going in the back as well as for what it is  you can't really carry much load on it, as they start to rattle and bang quite a lot. 

Didn't work for me in the 90, but I had a similar shelf in the disco camel  it didn't hang quite so low, which worked well, I could see it working nicely in a 110.

20170417_202816.jpg

20170327_220250.jpg

Got one in the back of my 110 csw, great for camping and stuffing all the sleeping bags pillows and flumpy stuff on out of the way.

I made my first one out of an old dog guard turned horizontal with four brackets welded on - if I hadn't already ordered a fancy one I'd have kept that, was every bit as good. 

• 1 year later...
On 7/7/2021 at 9:12 AM, western said:

is is the other possibility Orange4x4 -- Defender High Level Rear Shelf  but no accessories links shown on their website https://www.orange4x4.co.uk/

Well I have one of these coming soon, that should get me to unload all my rally recovery kit, remove the old scruffy, saggy headliner & get the roof fitted with some noise killer/insulation & fir the new to me headliner after I've applied new material to it. 

• Like 1

Hi Ralph, it would be good to get your opinion on it once it's in 👍. Ta

I've had an upper shelf in the 110 for donkey's years. Can't remember who made it, but it's not among the ones showing up currently. Just a frame and some wooden slats. I'm searching again because I have a mate looking for one in his 90, hence how I found this thread.

Shelf arrived this morning, it looks good, I will take some photos of it tomorrow, it won't be fitted yet, as I need to unload all my rally kit, remove the dog guard, buy some indilayoon/sound deader for inside the roof & get my better headliner recovered, once all that is done the shelf can be fitted. 

• Like 2