UK Government proposals for "Anti-tampering".

Tanuki

1 hour ago, reb78 said:

I guess that was the assumption I was making, so apologies. I am always surprised more dont get a tug from the police to be honest - there are so many around with hard to read number plates and its such an overt thing I just wonder how so many get away with it!

No need to apologise, you're right, they're everywhere.

I don't think the police care.

7 hours ago, pat_pending said:

No need to apologise, you're right, they're everywhere.

I don't think the police care.

I think it's more than that, i think that they are pushed to meet targets for crimes that their boss decides is important at the time. its political up the line. Labour was/is anti car but focus changes. Besides cameras can fix motorists. I think the Police can still be tenacious when the need to, just they don't get to choose what about?

11 hours ago, reb78 said:

I guess that was the assumption I was making, so apologies. I am always surprised more dont get a tug from the police to be honest - there are so many around with hard to read number plates and its such an overt thing I just wonder how so many get away with it!

the police are massively understaffed - most crews have 7-10 out standing jobs on at any time, in most police. Busy areas more so. The simple rule that human life comes first, then major crime etc.

What suprises me is why AMPR cameras aren't used more for obvious illegal stuff - like number plate sizes. Then noted on the vehicles record to give the MOT tester a heads up

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nonimouse said:

the police are massively understaffed - most crews have 7-10 out standing jobs on at any time, in most police. Busy areas more so. The simple rule that human life comes first, then major crime etc.

What suprises me is why AMPR cameras aren't used more for obvious illegal stuff - like number plate sizes. Then noted on the vehicles record to give the MOT tester a heads up

ANPR can't tell the difference between a number plate and a sweater so I doubt it's ready to make judgements on choice of font :lol:

But you know, we'll definitely have self driving cars any day now, Elon Musk says so :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

On 10/26/2021 at 8:44 PM, FridgeFreezer said:

ANPR can't tell the difference between a number plate and a sweater so I doubt it's ready to make judgements on choice of font :lol:

But you know, we'll definitely have self driving cars any day now, Elon Musk says so :rolleyes:

That's a bus lane camera and they are carp. AMPR is somewhat better