Battery recommendations

slihp

I've got a 110AmpHour Yuasa in my Defender; it's been there three years and has been worked hard powering a couple of hundred Watts of HF radio-gear while parked-up with the engine off.

Yuasa aren't cheap - but a good battery is a hell of a lot cheaper than having to pay to get a recovery-company out on a sunday evening!

On 11/23/2021 at 1:51 PM, Tanuki said:

I've got a 110AmpHour Yuasa in my Defender; it's been there three years and has been worked hard powering a couple of hundred Watts of HF radio-gear while parked-up with the engine off.

Yuasa aren't cheap - but a good battery is a hell of a lot cheaper than having to pay to get a recovery-company out on a sunday evening!

My first Yuasa lasted ten months, however the replacement under guarantee is going strong after three years. 

Hi There,

As above, I fitted a battery with the largest CCA value. This is physically larger than the battery that was originally fitted. As such, used a different strap to clamp in place.

Type 019 Varta Silver Dynamic Car Battery 12V 100Ah (Short Code: H3) (Varta DIN: 600 131 080 or 600 402 083)

https://www.tayna.co.uk/car-batteries/varta/h3/

Had it for 5 years and working well for me. Starts first time.

That said, when I know I'll not be using for a few weeks I tend to have it on charge in the garage.

Simon...

I've had good service out of Varta, currently got a couple of Varta Dynamic stop/start ones in service - one as the house battery in the camper, one as starter in the 109.

Yuasa also make good batteries, got one as starter in the ambulance.

Previous in the 109 was a Bosch S5 and that took years of abuse.