Disco 200tdi rear oil seal

Hello chaps, got oil running out of the flywheel cover on a 200tdi I'm assuming it's going to be the rear seal, I've ordered all the bits from Turners, just wondering other than the obvious is there anything I need to know, to not to cock it up and do the job right first time

No special tool essential,  it a circular drift of similar diameter would be useful for applying even force to prevent distortion.

As said, make sure the seal and crank flange are clean and dry, and don’t remove the white plastic centre from the new seal - it sits over the crank flange and guided the new seal on. Withdraw that once the seal is fitted.

Check the flange where the seal runs for grooving or pitting.  While you’re at that, replace the crank spigot bush and check the clutch parts, including release bearing and especially the pivot point of the fork.

Sorry to carry this thread on any longer but a quick question, the gasket between the block and the flywheel housing has a bead or line in blue, it's raised so I'm guessing it might be a seal or sealant set in the gasket,do I go belt and braces and put a silicone bead over the top of that or is it sufficient enough to do the job, it's just that I have used other gaskets like water pump or thermostat without a silicone sealer and they've leaked straight away and always resorted back to a good old tube of gooo.

May I also add what tw@t of a job for a poxy 40 quid seal and gasket, we all love a land rover, eh guys!