Engine conversions for a 2015 Puma

Currently in the process of getting ready to stuff a m57 & 8hp into my 110dc,  having been fortunate to drive a variety of combinations at Mw Machines it's my personal favourite, however the  m57 & 6hp would be a cheaper option,  then cheaper than that would be a M57 bolted to your existing Mt82

• Like 1

For a start go Auto and that will instantly cure the driveline crappiness. 

Depends what you want to spend really. All these Ford, BMW, Merc CRD engines cannot be dunked in water like you can with a clockwork engine. Petrol engines have the same problem.

Assuming you want to stay diesel, and dunking is not really an issue, then my vote would be for the BMW M57. Relatively cheap, easy conversion, international availability, tunability if you must, good MPG and reliability in standard trim.  

6 hours ago, smallfry said:

Depends what you want to spend really. All these Ford, BMW, Merc CRD engines cannot be dunked in water like you can with a clockwork engine. Petrol engines have the same problem.

Assuming you want to stay diesel, and dunking is not really an issue, then my vote would be for the BMW M57. Relatively cheap, easy conversion, international availability, tunability if you must, good MPG and reliability in standard trim.  

With preparation they can be dunked like any other engine, unfortunately the majority of people who have had issues from going swimming have done very little preparation before hand, 

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Hello group! 

I make a swap in South América! My LR Defender 130 2012 have New heart. 

MWM 2.8 TDI is the New engine and fix really good.

I have a New problem... is it possible connect the instrumental with this engine swap??? I havent got ecu in this engine..