Land Rover Special vehicle build details

L19MUD

Is there any way of finding out the build details for a Land Rover SV build? 56 plate Td5 90 van a mate has which looks to be pretty standard. The only think I can think of is due to the engine as a 56 plate should just be over to a TDCi by then?

The SV plate is present. Have checked Microcat but nothing of any use stored on it

3 hours ago, Happyoldgit said:

I had a TD5 90 that had been through Special Vehicles for additional equipment and mods some years ago. I was able to get full info from either JLR... or was it Gaydon? Hmmmm. I'm not sure where the records are held now.

Will ping them an email to try and find out. Thanks

• Like 1

18 hours ago, smallfry said:

Yes Gaydon your best bet by far. I have got details for old vehicles over the years, but not sure if they will have records that new. They will charge though. Used to be £25.

I wonder how much GDPR will screw over getting records in the future. Even if there is information outside of the regulations, I can see them not bothering at all to save any potential issues.

8 hours ago, landroversforever said:

I wonder how much GDPR will screw over getting records in the future. Even if there is information outside of the regulations, I can see them not bothering at all to save any potential issues.

Would it though? I thought GDPR only covered the collection, storing and distribution of any personal data - have I misunderstood something here? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, monkie said:

Would it though? I thought GDPR only covered the collection, storing and distribution of any personal data - have I misunderstood something here? 

I suspect a lot of record keeping will err on the side of caution as the fines for breaches are huge. So we’ll loose future stuff that falls into that area.