AEU2721 or YAZ100000 replacement (warning lights instrument cluster)

Hi,

Anyone still got a source for the printed circuit board in older Defenders? I've pasted a picture below, it seems out of stock everywhere, even though it's a fairly simple (I think) circuit.

AEU2721 - No Longer Avaialble Printed Circuit 90-110 Warning Module

Otherwise, I'd suppose I've got to upgrade to the YAZ100000 (TD5 led warning light cluster)? Seems that it would be quite the investment though as they seem to be going anywhere from €150+ to €300. Or are they available anywhere secondhand?

I've tried my luck with Google, but no results so far.

2 hours ago, Doorknob said:

Hi,

Anyone still got a source for the printed circuit board in older Defenders? I've pasted a picture below, it seems out of stock everywhere, even though it's a fairly simple (I think) circuit.

Otherwise, I'd suppose I've got to upgrade to the YAZ100000 (TD5 led warning light cluster)? Seems that it would be quite the investment though as they seem to be going anywhere from €150+ to €300. Or are they available anywhere secondhand?

I've got a box of new ones of those somewhere in my storage, how quickly do you need it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, western said:

Try John Richards Surplus or Blanchards or Hobsons on internet

Td5 cluster needs to complete insttument surround as it fits from the opposite way to pre Td5 vehicles

Thanks! I've messaged them.

Small detail I should've added but simply forgot, the instrument cluster would actually work. I've fitted a Puma style dashboard, and had my fun with some aluminium for a custom instrument cluster panel. So I can just make/weld it differently to accommodate the different warning light cluster thingy. So that would still be an option.

1 minute ago, Maverik said:

I've got a box of new ones of those somewhere in my storage, how quickly do you need it?

A box?! You seem to be the only one.

I kinda need it sort-of-soon, but I need it shipped to Belgium or Netherlands, I don't know whether or not that's a problem for you?

8 minutes ago, Maverik said:

I bought a heap of them from bearmach clearance a few years ago, postage is fine but it will be sometime next week I'll be able to get access to look them out.

i'll be more then happy to take one off you , so the one for #Doorknob is not traveling alone to holland 😉 

On 8/7/2023 at 9:52 AM, Maverik said:

ok, leave it with me, I'll get them tracked down.

Hey Maverik,

Sorry for the rush, but did you happen to find them. I contacted all the shops, but they're all saying they're out of stock...

So you're kinda the last resort.

JLCPCB, PCBWay, or most other PCB makers will make you a new pcb. The prices are very reasonable. I've had a good many multilayer boards made for me over the years for various projects. The flexible Land Rover ones are very basic and shouldn't be a challenge for them. 

Edited by Phill B

• 1 month later...

Just to update, I dont have any PCB's left all sold, however In my opinion you don't really see these fail all that often, if you do, the PCB is not an uncommon part to to find on ebay as a 2nd had part, part of the warning light assembly.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/5/2023 at 6:06 PM, Doorknob said:

Hi,

Hi there: HELP: I need one of these!!

I’ve just discovered that I don’t have one of these, but I do remember seeing one when I totally removed my electrical system.  It seems to have grown legs.  What does AEU2721 do?  Can the warning lights work without this pc?  Is there a work around?  Any info will be very much appreciated.

Mike

15 hours ago, Troll Hunter said:

I’ve just discovered that I don’t have one of these, but I do remember seeing one when I totally removed my electrical system.  It seems to have grown legs.  What does AEU2721 do?  Can the warning lights work without this pc?  Is there a work around?  Any info will be very much appreciated.

Mike

it's bassicly just a piece of plastic film with the connections printed on them . so the warning lights get the connections from the big multiplug .

just look for a used warning light cluster on ebay .

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2023 at 8:52 AM, Maverik said:

ok, leave it with me, I'll get them tracked down.

Hi Maverick: could you please send me one? Kindest regards 

ulrich