Nice trip to Wales anyone?

GBMUD

Some people may remember that there is a little trip away planned for May this year and, with lots to do to the Landrover before then as well as lots of gear to pack in for a week away, I would value a bit of a shake down run before the main event. Having stayed at Llanerchindda Farm many times I have driven all the green lanes around there to death so I fancy trying a new-to-me part of Wales. I would like to propose the weekend of March 31st/April 1st and arrange to stay somewhere inexpensive in the "north mid-Wales/Southern north Wales" area. I have somewhere in mind but all suggestions welcome. If anyone else would like to come too, I would be pleased not to be on my own. :)

I do not know my way around that area at all really, I would like to explore an area to the southern side of Snowdonia and, I guess, to the east of there. Any top tips or advice would be welcome, especially about the best lanes, ones to avoid etc.. I would particularly like to enjoy some of the long distance routes if there are any within reach. Since there is always someone with a V8, a list of petrol stations would be good too. :D

Cheers

Chris

I'll come along too.

Can Victor make it? I only ask for the entertainment value and he builds such a good rapour with the landladys! ;) ;)

Cheers

Steve

:hysterical::hysterical::lol: Best i try and drag him up :D

Chris, would like some easy lanes if Victor and i come, cause would be a standardish 90, If i take the hybrid, the fuel budget will be blowed to hell, for the trip down south !!! (was the wrong side of 200 quid last time :blink: )

Chris, would like some easy lanes if Victor and i come, cause would be a standardish 90, If i take the hybrid, the fuel budget will be blowed to hell, for the trip down south !!! (was the wrong side of 200 quid last time :blink: )

You guys could come in Victor's car. :lol: ROFLMAO!

Chris

Theres lots of hotels depends on where you want to stay? I can also help out with lanes when you decide on where you going to be?

Paul

Thanks Paul. I will get the map out later and see where I have been and where I would like to go and then make a decision from there.

Chris

If we have stopped the oil losses by then we may come with a car full.... Mrs. Freak has shown some interest and so long as we are not going to be wading stuff like Tony's famous "My seats's wet" river crossing or stuff that will frighten the kids, we may be on for this.

Because it's a V8, I'll fill the back with 15 - 20 Jerry cans so it will have to be a hotel as we won't have any room for camping gear...

Pru (Mrs. Freak) liked the pictures Mark90 posted....

If we have stopped the oil losses by then we may come with a car full.... Mrs. Freak has shown some interest and so long as we are not going to be wading stuff like Tony's famous "My seats's wet" river crossing or stuff that will frighten the kids, we may be on for this.

Because it's a V8, I'll fill the back with 15 - 20 Jerry cans so it will have to be a hotel as we won't have any room for camping gear...

Pru (Mrs. Freak) liked the pictures Mark90 posted....

If the "My seat's wet" river is that deep/fast then I will not be going in it either! Normally it is fine even with a V8.

Chris

Can you get a few of those stones moved out of the way before we come across Paul ! ;)

Might scratch my raider bars ! :lol:

(Then again... I could just take them off for the weekend, but that would mean getting under the car again !)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yup, still keen. I have been meaning to arrange some accommodation this week... but have not remembered. :( I will find somewhere next week, book a room and post up the details. I will be aiming for a pub that does B+B, is that OK?

Chris