200 / 300 TDi boost ring (dynamic timing advance)

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Hawklord said:

Would it be a good idea to fit a boost pin in a 300TDI engine to get back some power which will have been lost after 30 years and 211k miles of use or would this be too much for it.

It would probably be ok and they are a cheap performance boost but if you feel like the engine is tired I would suggest getting the injectors reconditioned and the injection pump too as the spray pattern, pressure and quantity will deteriorate over time with wear.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Hawklord said:

Would it be a good idea to fit a boost pin in a 300TDI engine to get back some power which will have been lost after 30 years and 211k miles of use or would this be too much for it.

There is no substitute for the proper solution.  If you are not getting any coolant or oil loss, then the engine itself is probably ok to soldier on a bit longer, but checking the rockers, valves, fuel system and turbo over for wear and having the pump and injectors tested would be better than trying to make symptoms.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@vulcan bomber I know its been a bit of time since I bought your bit, done my cam belt along with a dozen other things that needed doing plus your boost ring thing, what a difference mate, felt a could deal more responsive from the off, night and day to be honest, if this makes sense it felt more industrial and tighter in its whole response to the throttle, good man anyhow, happy Easter mate

• Like 3