Glohh GL2x lights for Defender

Not too ugly for a bit of bling, but they don’t appear very bright or effective.  That might just be the filming.  I hate to think how much they cost, though.

So they make it hard to find out who or where they are on their website (no Reg. Company number etc.) which should be enough of a red flag for anyone who doesn't regularly find $589 in loose change down the back of the sofa cushion. (You are free of course to look them up at Companies House and check their accounts, or let streetview show you their prestigious offices.)

Lots of other things I don't like - and not just the annoying slideshow pictures website making it hard to get a good look at anything. They say they use 'materials rigourously tested in extreme heat and torrential rain', but I don't see anywhere what those materials actually are. I've known Salisbury Plain chalk to stick around the engine bay and wheel arches for many years, but I wouldn't make lights out of it.

It says 'Safety approved' and 'engineered to meet...' but doesn't actually say or show if they are DOT or e11 marked.

Even if they are e11 marked, I suspect they wouldn't be SVA compliant installed as shown (brake and fog in one unit, two units too close together to be considered seperate). I may be wrong on that, but I can't be bothered to look up the manual.

I'm not trying to do them down, but I want to see more than a flashy website before I part with that amount of money - but then I'm not their target customer either.

• Like 1

Feels like a lot of money for something that works pretty well as-is and costs bu66er all to replace if you ding it off-road.

Not sure I'd want to be doing a 3 pointer in between the trees if my tail lights cost half a grand :ph34r:

58 minutes ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Not sure I'd want to be doing a 3 pointer in between the trees if my tail lights cost half a grand

At that price. I'd say It is strictly a Chelsea tractor modification

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Feels like a lot of money for something that works pretty well as-is and costs bu66er all to replace if you ding it off-road.

Not sure I'd want to be doing a 3 pointer in between the trees if my tail lights cost half a grand :ph34r:

I agree entirely, though they don’t have that many trees to reverse into in Iceland, and he’d need a lot more than a 3-point turn with the steering available on that Defender…