Time for another dig at GreenPeace chaps!

FridgeFreezer

I have my ticket for Glastonbury 2007, after the stand invasion last time I'm thinking of upping the game a bit and maybe handing out flyers, sticking stickers on their gear or ???.

So, looking for ideas:

- What would you put on a flyer / sticker / t-shirt to annoy GreenPeace / make people think twice (and not offend the general public / come across as prejudiced as they are)

- Any other ideas that can be executed from a tent-based enterprise in a field full of hippies without being thrown off site / arrested? (at £200 a ticket I'm not wasting it on that lot)

Bonus points for comedy value and the winner(s) are promised that whatever I/we do we'll try and bring back some good photos/video if we can :D

Nice idea!

I think you need to research a few facts along the lines of the G Wizz is produced by Indians working for a pittance and poor employment terms and conditions in one of the most polluted cities on the earth and the actual carbon footprint of constructing and disposing/recycling the G Wizz and the Toyota Prius.

I also seem to remember that the G Wizz does not comply with UK car construction laws as it is officially rated as a 4 wheel motorcycle or something!!!

Steve

Need to find some facts on keeping older cars/ 4x4's on the road is more beneficial to the planet than building new ones and being a consumer.

Suggest that the consumerism of modern life is more damaging than a 4x4. Look at the carbon footprint of importing all the latest must have gadgets from everywhere else in the world by plane/ boat.

Point out that they own a large ship that travels around the world 'doing good things', but is a fossil fuel burning monster that eats more resources than a 4x4.

Highlight the fact that they have turned up at Glastonbury in a fleet of trucks/ cars/ vans to carry all there recycled leaflets, and that if they really cared they would have walked and turned up with a rucksack.

Point out that all their leaflets even if on recycled paper, have consumed energy in the production process, that is a waste as most leaflets will end up in a bin at landfill sites.

That'll do for starters! :)

I have my ticket for Glastonbury 2007, after the stand invasion last time I'm thinking of upping the game a bit and maybe handing out flyers, sticking stickers on their gear or ???.

So, looking for ideas:

- What would you put on a flyer / sticker / t-shirt to annoy GreenPeace / make people think twice (and not offend the general public / come across as prejudiced as they are)

- Any other ideas that can be executed from a tent-based enterprise in a field full of hippies without being thrown off site / arrested? (at £200 a ticket I'm not wasting it on that lot)

Bonus points for comedy value and the winner(s) are promised that whatever I/we do we'll try and bring back some good photos/video if we can :D

Well to Quote Pen and Tellar

" greenpeasce are ones that never let the truth get in the way of a campain"

So, looking for ideas:

If you get any stickers or t-shirts printed are you going to sell any? If so please let me know as i will defenatly order some of you

Cheers

Point out that a Hummer has a lower carbon footprint than a Pious? In the US, the car with lowest overall carbon emissions over it's life is a Jeep Wrangler. Why are they so anti 4x4? Why not spend more time and effort lobbying the government to reduce tax on green fuels?

Chris

Point out that a Hummer has a lower carbon footprint than a Pious? In the US, the car with lowest overall carbon emissions over it's life is a Jeep Wrangler. Why are they so anti 4x4? Why not spend more time and effort lobbying the government to reduce tax on green fuels?

Chris

Chris, I'd say its probably the same case for the Defender here in the UK.....

"The UK contributes only 2% of Global warming, ..........

..........don't make our lives a misery try the other 98%" :lol:

The information I listened to the other night showed that the human race as a whole contributed to only 2% of global warming :o:o

AND that the friggin Rainbow Warrior uses 780 times more fuel in a year than a TDi Defender driven for 20.000 miles a year :o:o:o:o

2.500.000 litres per year :blink: would you believe :huh::huh: and they have the cheek to complain about us :huh:

Let them have it!

Lara.

The information I listened to the other night showed that the human race as a whole contributed to only 2% of global warming :o:o

AND that the friggin Rainbow Warrior uses 780 times more fuel in a year than a TDi Defender driven for 20.000 miles a year :o:o:o:o

2.500.000 litres per year :blink: would you believe :huh::huh: and they have the cheek to complain about us :huh:

Let them have it!

Lara.

Jules, the problem is no one really knows what's happening (if they say they do they're lying!). All we know is that CO2 is a greenhouse gas and that atmospheric concentrations are increasing. What's down to humans and what's down to nature is a bit of an unknown and, depending on who you talk to, figures vary massively. However, any serious researcher will tell you its not as clear cut as the greenies try to make it!

Oh, and an hour ago I passed a big Perspex box filled with rubbish bags designed to show us how much rubbish we all make. What I thought was funny is they stuffed the rubbish bags with paper and bubble wrap. I wonder what going to happen to that stuff once they've finished with the display??? :wacko: