Eastnor show 2007

Well I went to the show yesterday and was very dissapointed. I don't know about the trade stands being fully booked as per the earlier post, the trade area seemed to be half empty, not nearly as good as previous years. I usually really enjoy the show as I think it's in a great setting and so far, seems blessed with good weather. You could easily walk around the trade stands in an hour or less yesterday. I've been going to this show from the beginning but on the strength of yesterday I don't think I'll bother again. :(

I wasn't that impressed either and I haven't been before. Easily done in half a day so I don't know what all the weekenders did for the rest of the time

Did the inter' offroad in the afternoon and got stuck in a 1.5 hr traffic jam. Not complaining though as we had a good chat with the group that was around us.

Anyone own up to the holdup btw?

Well I went to the show yesterday and was very dissapointed. I don't know about the trade stands being fully booked as per the earlier post, the trade area seemed to be half empty, not nearly as good as previous years. I usually really enjoy the show as I think it's in a great setting and so far, seems blessed with good weather. You could easily walk around the trade stands in an hour or less yesterday. I've been going to this show from the beginning but on the strength of yesterday I don't think I'll bother again. :(

Yes I agree, I was there from friday dinner time and it was not that good. Less stands than last year. As for space, we (CRAG) could not get a pitch as we were told "there's no space as we are full" !!!

Paul

A weekend would have been too much, we went today - cracking weather and got loads of people crawling over the Defender in the car park, including a guy with one on order who's not yet seen a 110 (well until today).

Didn't buy what I was looking for (wheel carrier or luggage guard) but ended up buying another tent - 30 secs erection, very impressed with demo so its an Oz tent for Billing now.

Went today, with Twizzle, glorious weather, but again for a 'full to the brim with stands etc,' i think that they cocked up big time. We caught up with the shires guys and others, and the club area seemed very poorly populated.

Shires got through to the Scrapheap challenge final against the Camel Owners club, and unfortunately we did not win again. However it was a cracking final with some serious cheating by both clubs including a full scuffle between the teams when we (shires) tried to cheat by hiding the Camel clubs halfshaft.

That backfired, and we lost, its true cheating is not the way forward. Having said all that the teams fully enjoyed it and appreciated the good nature of the final. They all made up at the end.

lol! But that was half the fun :lol: Would have been boring if we just did it as normal, with the Shires/Camel relationship everyone knew they could have a good 'fight' and provide some quality entertainment!! With only seconds between them it was a good competition :) Couldn't have had that with many other clubs.

Personally we all had a great weekend, caught up with people, excellent weather and a beauiful setting. As for the club area being full though, it certainly wasn't! Could have fitted more on. I also didn't get to look around all the show last year (although we did spend a couple of days marshalling) but fitted it all in easily in 3/4 of a day this year. Still, I enjoyed it, still one of my favourite shows :)

I enjoyed it has I haven't been for a few years.

I got my 1250 Maxxis tyres but couldn't find any rimms I liked to buy so I had to put up with the smell of rubber all the way home (Moglite missed out there)

The head gaskit on th RR blow on the way up telling me that my temp gauge was broke which was handy 'not' all towing a 22' caravan.

Got home at 7pm having left at 1.30 and had to change the wheel bearing on my disco so I could get to work today.....

Otherwise I enjoyed it

We went on the sunday and the weather was glorious, everyone is sunburnt. Done it once by 11.30 and twice by 2.30.

It is a good show but there seemed to be a few empty spaces.

One good thing was the absence of vehicles driving around the site which makes life easier when you have the kids.

I spent the weekend there with the Shire club and had a great weekend. The club area was a bit quiet and there were a few empty spaces in the traders section too :unsure: . Still an enjoyable show with some great vehicles on show. Didn't spend much and tried to keep out of the sun :o

post-7-1181583895_thumb.jpg

post-7-1181583915_thumb.jpg

post-7-1181584084_thumb.jpg

post-7-1181584093_thumb.jpg

post-7-1181584102_thumb.jpg

post-7-1181584122_thumb.jpg

post-7-1181584132_thumb.jpg

OK, we to tried to book a club stand - 2 months before the show, 2 weeks of trying before getting through to anyone. Told they had no space - buggar! But not to dispondant as another local club had be told the same.

Any how, had a fab weekend (squeezed a few of us in a certain place).

It was nice to be with the Shires when Dan got the Ladoga call from Fridge, the excitement for those few minutes beats any bargain you may have made that weekend - and I truely believe that. Well done chaps.

Upside: Nice location. Meet ya mates. Meet new friends. Shop. Weather. Beer an' burgers in the evening.

Downside: Shop (seeing things that weren't on ya list because you'd forgot about them), Burgers - every night!,

Paying £47 for a tiny bit of plastic with a few wires hanging outa it (Warn winch remote socket) and that's with discount "should be £59" - when at the same time ya can (and did) get a lump of steel that's been mined outa the ground, formed n forged, bent and drilled, weights a ton (in comparrison) and cost only £25!!!

Still - I like Eastnor. I didn't like the 7 an' half hour journey back - long story, another day.

Things that stand out: the 47 beer tokens for next ta nowt. Simonr being hairy but nice, Jen being nice but hairy.

JOKE Jen - Honest - Twas just a throw away line - Loves ya xxx

(but not in that way Dan - you'll always be the man!!!)

x

N

First time at a Landy show in our 90 V8 auto. Into the unknown, fuel consumption :unsure: , a run on the motorway :unsure: , intermediate offroad course :unsure: , difflock, hi-low :unsure: , scrutineers :unsure: , etc. Absolutely enjoyed my first offroad experience :D , fanatstic venue, not too muddy, superb weather and the 90 performed faultlessly :) . The show was a little dissappointing, compared to other shows i've been to , especially when I built my Westfield and went to the Stoneleigh Kitcar show, good trade stands and excellent club stands all well attended. Compared with the number of trade adverts in the mags, the number of land rovers owned and worldwide popularity of landrover I was suprised how small the show was. But I will probably go next year, if only to do the offroad course. Just a small point, haven't Landrover International mag done this show previously, whereas this year it was Landrover World mag??

Just a small point, haven't Landrover International mag done this show previously, whereas this year it was Landrover World mag??

Eastnor has always been the home of the LRW show. LROi show (no longer taking place) has used the showground in nearby Malvern.